Work

I work in a shop near my home. The pay is ok and I get treated decently.

Sometimes it gets a little boring, but I force myself to just deal with it. After all, I've got a long way ahead of me and I've got to make it on my own.

After my shift was over, I got my stuff and headed out. I waved goodbye to everyone and told them I'd see them again tomorrow. A thought drifted into my mind when I was out in the cold air.

Maybe I could call Gray and we could hang out?

I thought about it for a bit. I took my phone in my hand, hesitated, then put it into my pocket again. I couldn't do it. I thought.

Then, I shook my head and took the phone into my hands again. I can do it. I just need to stop being afraid.

I dialled the number and waited a few moments before he answered.

"Hey! I'm glad you called. What's up?" He sounded so cheerful that I was glad I decided to do this.

"Well, uhm, are you busy at the moment?" I asked shyly. Damn it. Why am I being shy?

"No, I'm not. You want to talk about something?" He replied.

"Yeah." I walked over to a nearby bench and sat down. "I finished work today and I'm kind of bored."

"Where do you work?"

"You know that shop near the park?"

"The colorful, small one?"

"Yeah! That one."

"You still there?"

"I'm nearby."

"Then I'll be there soon. Give me a minute and stay there."

"O- ok." I stuttered as he hung up.

Suddenly I was very nervous. I can't exactly say why, but I seem to kind of like Gray. I felt like silence was suffocating me as I was left alone with my own thoughts. People were passing by and going about their day, talking and making various sounds. Yet, none of it reached me.

Not until his voice startled me. "Hey,"

I flinched. "Uhm, hi. What have you been up to today?"

"Oh," He paused for a moment as he thought of the answer. "I've been planning how I'm going to ask June out."

"Seriously?"

"No, not seriously." He said it with such a straight face and serious voice that we both began laughing.

"So, then?" I asked.

"Well, I kind of have a crush on that twin, June. But I haven't spent the entire day planning how I'm going to ask her out."

I nodded. Something small kind of broke in me. I don't know what it was.

He continued. "I've been resting, cooking and stuff. Not much. I still need to do the homework. Have you done it yet?"

I shook my head.

"Let's do it together." We both suggested in unison. We both then nodded in unison.

I kind of felt like an idiot, like we were both idiots. But it was kind of funny too.

"Let's go to the library, maybe?" I suggested.

"Sure." He agreed.

And as we walked to the library, I couldn't help thinking that, as much as I thought I didn't need friends, I liked being friends with Gray. It's just special and different. In a way that words can't describe properly.

Maybe, I'm falling in love. Maybe... I'm starting to fall into a trap.

I want to burn the school down and runaway with him. I don't know why, but it feels so magical and realistic all at the same time.

Or maybe, I'm driving myself crazy and have lost my mind. Only time will tell.