Arguments With Myself

That night, I couldn't sleep at all. I don't usually have problems sleeping. Tonight was an exception though. My mind replayed the entire day, trying to make sense of it.

I was lying down on the spare bed in Mia's house. I stared at the ceiling and kept tossing and turning as the thoughts raced through my head.

That boy. Gray. We're friends now. Burn the school down. Meet the twins.

The image of my school on flames burned in my mind. Not only that, my parents who were never there for me. That seemed to inspire me further. I felt excited. I didnt want to sleep anymore. I wanted to get up and get this over with. This was the irrational half of me acting.

The other half of me was mature. No. I can't burn the school down. Even if the idea is tempting and even if this desire for revenge is consuming me. It is selfish and stupid. I won't do it.

This Gray boy is probably very immature. I shouldn't fall for these tricks. I'm better than that.

I spent the rest of the night arguing with myself. Hours passed and it was morning. I still hadn't made up my mind. It made me feel kind of like an idiot.

Anyways, I got up and ready to go to school. I thanked Mia again for letting me stay over before leaving. I might as well live here now. I'm always sleeping here. I really should be more grateful for her patience when it comes to me.