Chptr ~ 29 [ Banquet 🍷 ]

Memories.

Something that is, lets say 'temporary' in the human consciousness, you might recall, remember or even forget a memory. But you can never relive it. Its interesting that something so fragile is stored in our brain. But memories aren't something that is always good, memories are more often are on the downside, memories you want to forget, throw in a fire and watch it burn. Those unforgettable memories are etched in our brain are like scars, something of the past.

" Do you see me mom..?
I've made it so far. "

The soft speaking filled the silence, the boy kept rambling to himself as he looked at a photo of his mother, he was holding up a letter that had a few words printed on it. But the most important thing was the four words imprinted in large letters on the top of the page.

Welcome to the Finals.

He must have repeated it over six times, honestly he lost count. He was excited yet empty, he felt like something was missing. He brushed it off and placed the photo of his mother in a drawer, his hands felt a chilling sensation as he held the letter.

The semi finals had already finished and the main contestors for the finals had already been selected, for the many it wasn't a big surprise but for a group- rather a class it was something astronomical. The achievment of 2 students really made UA shine in a different way than usual, but the job wasnt finished yet, they had to win 1 more round to win it all.

The Battle of the Bands always had this tradition, after every Semi-Final round they would have a banquet filled with well known music artist, producers, and labels. These labels would scout artists who joined the competition and hire them or recruit them. The banquet was always held on the luxurious yacht owned by the CEO of BOTB. The night was usually tense because of the undeniable pressure it had. First impressions, talent, and social skills displayed in this one party. It was a sort of pre-test to the finals.

The banquet arrival time would be 4:30~6:30 PM. This gives time for guest to have some downtime before the boat departs for 3 hours. Meanwhile, a blonde boy fixes his jett black tie in the reflective clear mirror. He then fluffs his hair once more before preceding to the large mirror in the fitting room.

" Careful pika, you might fall for someone whos not me. " Jirou comments nonchalantly also looking at the mirror. She fixes her hair as she ponders on who will be at the event. 

He scoffs,
" Impossible! I know im sculpted by god himself but with you here milady... Not even I could fall for myself when I look at you~ " honestly speaking not even Kaminari could not resist to cringe at that line,

Not my best... But certainly not as bad as the one at the training camp...

Although he found it cringe Jirou was flushed, she looked out the window to avoid eye contact.

" Hey! You guys ready to go? " Mina asked.

The two jolted at the sudden comment, sometimes Mina had that power to appear outta thin air. At times like that people swore she had 2 quirks.

" I'm ready- ", " same here."

" Wait, wait- how'd you even get in? The door was locked. " the boy asked tugging at the locked brass handle.

Their was a brief moment of silence as Mina answered the question,
" the window duh. "

" . . ? "

" Oh, yeah no- Mina we're on the 26th floor. "
Jirou said peaking her head out the window, as she felt the wind batter against her hair she saw only a long drop that casted below her.

" Anyways... Come on guys! If we dont wanna be late we gotta go like- right now. " she said tapping her watch, to his suprise Mina was now having that 'manager' aura around her. He really didnt know how to explain it.