Volume 1 - The Inception| 30: Please not the saliva.

Start from the beginning

The scent of the damp-moss, the wet soil, and the woodsy fragrance entered my nostril as I breathed deeply under the heavy rain. The woods are starting to get foggy making it more difficult for me to sight my surroundings. The only light I got is the dim strikes of the lightning thunder flickering in the night sky like a broken lamp.

I picked up the little red rabbit, carrying Pula with me, feeling afraid that we might have gotten lost. I squinted, my eyes blinking, turning everywhere.

"Help!"

My ears perk up as I listen attentively. I followed the sound of the voice like a guide in the middle of the foggy dark forest.

The rain poured down heavily in the forest, and the purple blue strokes lit up the night sky. The lightning illuminates the dark forest, and there my eyes lay upon a girl and a bird near the river bank.

Standing there was a tall burly female student wearing the same uniform as mine. The female student wore a wild expression on her freckled face, and the rain wet her thoroughly from her short green hair down to her leather boots.

The green haired girl laughed like a crazy maniac as her green eyes glinted. Her dark chapped lips twisted into a smirk, looking menacingly. The green haired pointed the tip of her large sword threateningly at the wounded bird crawling on the mud.

The bird next to the green haired girl crawled away with her rainbow wings, bleeding with blue blood. Its eyes shone like the bright round moon, weeping with tears; its beak glowed as gold as the sun, screaming for dear help.

"Help, someone help! Anyone!" The wounded bird shouted distressingly, crawling away from the huge sharp sword.

My eyes widened in shock as I gasped, "what in the bloody hell...?"

The green haired girl and the bird both turned their heads at me.

The bird looked at me as it hurriedly said, "Mortal, come save me and I shall reward your good deeds greatly!"

The female student, on the other hand, pointed the tip of the sword at me and said, "don't you dare lest you want this sword pierced to your chest!"

Pula growled at the crazy green haired female student. I hugged Pula tightly on my arms as I felt my heart pounding anxiously in my chest.

"Mortal, I feel you have an untainted soul, please lend me your merciful heart and save me from this wretched mongrel!" The bird cried out, looking at me pitifully. "I'm a sacred bird and shouldn't be tamed by anyone, please!"

"No! The Adarna bird is mine to tame!" The green haired girl bellowed then her figure dash, rushing at me, striking the sharp blade of the sword.

My eyes widened in panic as I muttered, "shit."

Before I could even react, the female student had already closed the distance between us in a blink of an eye. I held my breath, staring wide eyed at the blade that was only an inch away from slicing on my neck.

My heart went cold, unable to move. I could only hug Pula protectively in my drumming chest as I became paralyzed.

Suddenly, someone's foot came flying, kicking the green haired girl on the side of her torso. A bone cracking sound resounded as the female student flew, rolling on the mud away from us.

With widened eyes, my mouth hangs open flabbergasted by the sudden turn of events. Looking at the person who saved me. She stood 5 feet and 7 inches tall in front of me; her red long curly hair flies in the air like a hero.

"Professor," I called out in surprise. "What are you doing here? I thought that..."

Alexandra briefly glanced at me over her shoulder then she stared ahead again. "Save the chatting for later lass, for now, get the Adarna bird on the ground and run to where we're currently staying," the red haired woman said solemnly.