That's My Best Friend (twenty)

Start from the beginning

Steve looked at you just as offended and let out a protesting gasp.

"Am not"!

"Are"!

"How can you even call me that y/n, I am probably as far from stuck u-", Steve began protesting in his usual sassy manner but was cut off by the principal continuing the graduation ceremony.

"Tommy Hagan"!

Steve shut up immediately and clapped his hands in annoyance, applauding. And you shook your head at him. He was such a drama queen. And so mom-like at times.

You also applauded Tommy, and your mind wandered off to tonight's events.

"That reminds me, Steve! Is the alcohol taken care of", you said, changing the subject, and Steve nodded.

"Yeah, I got Carol to take care of it. You know how her dad gets her whatever she point at", he replied quickly, trying not to interrupt the ceremony again, and you gave him a thumbs up.

You and Steve held the graduation party for your year's graduates because your parents were on another of their million business trips. And as soon as the whole graduation ceremony finished you were to go to your home right after and prepare.

Tonight was going to be a blast.

The ceremony finally ended after some time, and everyone went their separate ways. And you and Steve drove home to prepare.

>> Time-skip to right before the graduation party <<

Once again, you stood in front of your bedroom mirror, looking at your reflection. Only this time, it wasn't the first day of senior year, and you were a year older. Your senior year had been a mess, to say the least, but you had come out better on the other side.

You smiled softly and were embraced from behind by a pair of tan arms, and curls that weren't yours tickled your shoulder.

"I love you", a man's voice whispered, and you held his arms warmly. 

You looked at Billy in the mirror, and he gently kissed your shoulder.

"I love you", you replied and turned your head, kissing his cheek.

Billy turned you around and pulled you close to his body. He looked at you lovingly.

You finally knew what his gaze meant.

After the winter formal, you and Billy had thrown out your notebook, bidding your forever farewell to the stupid game you had foolishly initiated at the senior year's start. And instead, you had initiated another much better game called "lovers".

"Kiss me", Billy said, and you smiled teasingly.

You leaned in, lingering your lips in front of his just long enough to make him believe you would soon kiss him, and then pulled away.

You smirked, and Billy frowned, displeased.

"Kiss me", he repeated, now annoyed, and leaned in, but you turned your head away, making him kiss your cheek instead.

Billy groaned frustratedly and tried again, but you kept dodging his kisses, laughing. You loved teasing him.

"Y/n, the guests are coming in, come down", Steve yelled from downstairs, and you glanced at the door. The party was finally starting.