Lovers (twelve)

A few weeks went by, and you and Billy's game was up and going. 

You and Billy would go on weekly dates or hook-ups with people and at the week's end, you would count up your scores to see who took the lead.

The game was simple, and yours and Billy's game consisted of only three specific rules:

1. Fair play - don't lie about your count!

2. No repeating - Never do the same person twice duh!

3. Love - don't fall in love!

"Okay", you said, and took out your notebook where you kept you and Billy's score, and sat on your bed. On the page, you had written you and Billy's names in two separate colons, and the count underneath them. You both already had a high count.

"So I went on a date with that guy from the arcade this Thursday, and we went to his place, which gives me, another point", you hummed content and eagerly drew another black line to your count that was nearing 10.

"And I hooked up with some chick from school's band yesterday", Billy said confidently, and you wrote him a point.

You looked at the count and Billy was taking the lead. He had a total of 10 points, and you only had 9. You pouted, and Billy smiled cockily.

"Guess I'm in the lead", he sang teasingly, and you flipped your hair to the side dramatically.

"Not for much longer"!

"Is that so", he replied with a low voice and looked at you with an expression you couldn't quite pinpoint. It almost looked like he was checking you out, but not in a flirty way?

"Uh-huh. I'm going out on a date tonight", you said confidently and stood up and began rummaging your closet for an outfit.

"With who", Billy asked you curiously, and you threw a pink t-shirt in his face, making him grunt surprised. Billy muttered a curse word annoyed.

It was November and cold outside. You therefore decided to go with a pink t-shirt over a white turtleneck, a pair of black jeans and your trustworthy denim jacket, which you had gotten from Billy. 

Well, not gotten per say. He had just never asked you to return it.

"His name is Derek", you replied and gathered your clothes, before sitting in front of your mirror to apply your make-up. You were going for the same tones as your outfit, so you wore a black eyeliner with some pink blush.

In the mirror you could see Billy looking at you, contemplating something.

"Where are you meeting him? Want me to drop you off", Billy asked you, and you puckered your lips, considering your options.

"Well, if you would be so kind, Sir", you said in a lady-like voice, imitating a proper lady from old times. You were far from proper, but it was fun to joke.

Billy shook his head at how ridiculous you were and smiled.

"Remind me again. Why are we friends", he replied and gave you a playful smile, clearly teasing you.

You turned around and threw you eyeliner at him fiercely, and he dodged it, laughing. You smiled, a little insulted by his words, but knew Billy didn't mean it.

Billy looked into your eyes, holding your gaze, before speaking again.

"Only for you, M'lady", he said, joining your imitation game, and then he laughed at himself.

Billy eventually drove you to your date with Derek, and you had a great time with Derek, ending the night with a passionate one night stand and another point. 

Now, you and Billy were at a tie, which only meant one thing.

Game on.

----------------

(Hey everyone! Omg, thank you for reading this far, I'm gonna cry actually. We're officially more than halfway through ;((

This one's a simple filler chapter. I thought it was important to specify the game a little and really emphasize that this whole story didn't just happen over night.

Next chapter is called "Lead" and is what I like to call the start of Billy and Y/n. It takes place in the town's pub "Hideway" around the same time as there is a passing carnival in town. Exciting right?

Anyways, xoxo. This really means a lot to me!! )