Winter Formal (nineteen)

"You look beautiful, y/n", Steve said softly.

The two of you stood in front of the mirror in your room all dressed up in your winter formal outfits.

Steve was wearing a neatly ironed navy blue suit with a baby blue button-up shirt, and shiny black loafers. Initially, he had already bought a stylish black suit, but when he saw your dress, he hastily bought a new one. He had wanted to match you.

Steve also wore a beautiful butterfly that belonged to your father, but it was another story than the rest of his outfit. It was all crooked.

You smiled amused and turned around to adjust it carefully, and when you finished, you gave his chest a friendly pat.

You were tired, to say the least, and zoned out immediately after. Last night had been a disaster, and you had slept awful because you kept dreaming about Billy.

Today was probably going to be a disaster too.

"I know mom and dad would agree if they saw you", Steve then said, pulling you out of your thoughts, and you looked up into Steve's brown eyes. Steve looked sad.

You tilted your head confused, and Steve spoke again.

"I'm really sorry about how I've been behaving, Y/n. I know you like Billy, and I- I should have just eaten my pride and accepted it instead of being a complete douchebag", Steve apologized and did his best to smile but failed. It looked like it had been eating him up inside, and you felt slightly bad that you hadn't let him talk to you before now.

You gave Steve a thankful smile and nodded, accepting his apology. It meant a lot. Even if it was too late for you and Billy.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Steve", you said, changing the subject to put a smile on Steve's lips. And Steve pulled you into a fierce hug.

Steve didn't know about the Billy situation, but being twins sort of allowed the two of you to always know if the other one was upset. And that was probably why he was so gentle right now.

"I always look good", he replied confidently, and you snorted into his chest.

"Show-off".

"Bad mouth"!

You laughed, and Steve pulled out of the hug again. He looked like he was ready to leave already.

"Let's leave-", Steve began, but you frowned slightly and shook your head.

"Not yet", you said and Steve sighed tiredly but smiled nevertheless.

"Alright, 15 minutes! But no longer", he said sternly and winked sweetly before leaving your room.

"15 minutes, y/n", he repeated and you rolled your eyes.

"Yeah yeah", you shooed him out of your room and shut the door after him before going over to your bed and rummaging through your bag.

The school had a no alcohol policy because juniors also attended. But you needed something to remove the worst of your nerves and hurt before the winter formal.

Finally, you found what you needed, and pulled out a little box of goods, and its piquant smell felt like a brick being slammed into your head even before you opened it. It revealed a little stash of weed.

Quickly, you began rolling a little blunt and opened your window before lighting it.

It was some time since you had felt a need to smoke, and the euphoria from the marihuana, therefore, quickly filled your body.

A smile crept up on your lips, and you hummed in delight.

It was a little weird to smoke a blunt when you were all dressed up in fancy, but now you could scratch that from your non-existing bucket list.