Lead (thirteen)

In honor of the tie you had made yesterday, you and Billy decided to go to a pub together to stir up things a little. Someone had to take the lead, and if you were both there together, it would perhaps motivate you even more.

You knocked on Billy's front door and patiently awaited someone to open it. You had planned to drive together in Billy's Camaro, so now, you were picking Billy up.

The door flung open and revealed an annoyed Max with her skateboard in her arm.

"Living room", she coldly stated Billy's whereabouts and hastily went past you and skated away.

You scoffed, slightly offended by the attitude attack, and went inside the house to get Billy.

Max and Billy weren't biological siblings, or siblings at all if you asked Billy, but they sure did resemble each other on a more emotional level. You hadn't talked a lot to Max, only a little here and there to make conversation, and she generally was a sweet kid. But whenever she was upset, she much like Billy, had a nasty attitude.

The living room was damp when you walked in, and rock played from a Walkman. It sounded like The Twisted Sisters, but you weren't a big listener of hard rock, so you weren't sure.

Billy was working out in the living room, lifting weights, and he was an angry, sweaty mess.

"Hey-", you said, and Billy immediately groaned in annoyance.

"Jesus fucking Christ, just leave me alone", Billy snarled, and you scoffed, offended.

"Jeez! I thought we were past this, Romeo", you hissed back at Billy, and he turned his head shocked.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Max", Billy said and apologized. He put the barbell down, and when he turned around to smile at you, you immediately saw the band-aid on his eyebrow.

"Well, that's not a very nice way to talk to her either", you stated harshly and studied the band-aid discreetly. It made you worry.

"She was just pestering me", he brushed off your scolding and pulled you in for a sweaty hug.

"Ugh", you whined, grossed out, and pushed him away. Billy's workout sweat was seeping through your clothes. And even though he didn't smell bad, it was still an unpleasant feeling.

"Gotta look the best for the lady's", he laughed at your reaction and took off his shirt, revealing his toned abs.

"Let me wash up real quick, and then let's go".

You hummed a yes, and sat down on the couch while waiting. It didn't take long, and soon you were on your way.

>> Time-skip to the bar <<

It was your first time here, and your first impression of the place was that it smelled like cheap beer and bad decisions. Strangely though, it gave the place some charm.

It was a good and classic type of pub, with dark wooden floors, worn-out stools, a greasy dance floor, and of course, a bar with too much variety of alcohol.

Neither of you was old enough to be here, at least, legally. But you knew from your schoolmates that the staff didn't care much about all of that.

"Want a beer", Billy asked, and you nodded while studying tonight's "people options".

It was Friday night, which meant that not only old drunks hung out here but also younger and more alive people.

You looked for Billy and saw him flirting with an older woman while he waited for your beers. She was probably in her thirties, and she was obviously into the young meat.

You grinned, not believing Billy. He was a predator, going for both young girls and proper adult women.

Billy returned to you with a smirk plastered on his lips and two beers in his hands. They were fizzy-looking, and you could smell them from afar.

"Drink up, Juliet. I've put a coin in the jukebox and the song will play after this one", he said confidently, handed you one of the beers, and chugged down his own within seconds.

You took a more calm approach to the beer and took a few sips.

"Got your eyes on mama over there", you joked and pointed to the woman in the bar.

Billy flashed you a grin.

"I do love me a mature women".

You shook your head at him, took a sip of your beer, and then the jukebox changed songs. It was a Bowie song. More specifically, "Young Americans".

"Chug that shit", Billy ordered you to chug the rest of the beer and tilted the glass slightly, forcing you to drink it faster. You coughed violently when you finished, and Billy pulled you onto the dance floor. You laughed confused.

"I know you love Bowie, so I thought I'd put something of him on. But this is the only one I can really stand", Billy exclaimed happily and spun you around.

"I'll take it", you replied and gave him a big smile. Billy had really seen you.