Pool Madness pt. 1 (eight)

FYI: This chapter will be split in two, because it's v long! 

---------------

It was the weekend, at last, and you and Steve had invited several of your friends over to a pool party. 

Naturally, Tommy, Carol, and Tina were invited, but there were also other people from school, along with Billy, whom you had invited.

The doorbell rang and Steve's voice resonated from downstairs. He was in the midst of making cocktails and preparing snacks.

"Y/n, can you get the door"?

"Yeah, just a minute", you shouted through your door and looked at your reflection in your mirror. 

You had just finished getting ready and were wearing your blue bathing suit. It consisted of two different colored pieces intertwined somewhere in the middle of your stomach, slightly revealing your soft hips and ribcage. You also wore red lipstick, and your curls were loose, resting on your shoulders. 

The doorbell rang again.

"Y/nnnn", Steve shouted again, rushing you this time, and you groaned, annoyed.

"Jeez! Chill, Steve. I'm coming now", you yelled and ran downstairs to the front door. You tried to put your hair into a ponytail on the way but failed miserably.

The doorbell rang again, and you fiercely jerked the door open to reveal Billy with a startled facial expression.

"Hi", he spoke softly and smiled charmingly. 

"Oh, hi", you replied awkwardly with your hands up in your hair, trying to save your ponytail. You quickly took the hair tie out of your hair, ultimately giving up on it, and opened the door, giving easy access to enter.

"Come in. The others aren't here yet, but you can come with me upstairs", you said and pulled Billy with you towards the stairs, but before you could go upstairs, Steve interfered.

"Who was it, y/n", Steve asked from the kitchen curiously.

"Billy", you replied in anticipation. You were expecting Steve to protest or something, but to your surprise, he didn't say anything.

You looked at Billy and shrugged your shoulders.

"Follow me", you said, and the two of you went upstairs and into your room.

Your room was very mature and your furniture was simple. The only thing thing that wasn't very adult-like were the pink walls and your bedsheet.

Billy smirked at the sight of your bedsheet and looked at you teasingly. 

"Florals", he muttered, trying to get on your nerves, and you gave him a stern look.

"Oh shut up", you exclaimed in annoyance, and Billy chuckled, satisfied with your reaction. He then sat on your bed and began observing your room to its fullest.

You hadn't tidied up a lot, so there was a used mug on your bedstand, various clothes on your chair, and several cassette tapes on your bed. You didn't mind though. It was just a sign of someone actually living there.

Billy picked up one of the cassettes, and quickly after, he smirked again. You frowned confusedly and looked at the tape Billy was holding.

"What" you sighed, already tired of Billy's teasing.

Billy looked at you and turned the cassette tape around so you could see what it was that he found funny. On the cassette tape, "Georgie" was written with bold handwriting and a heart surrounding the name. It was a George Michael tape.