Parents (ten)

Hello everyone! This chapter along with the next one will explain y/n's parent situation!

---------------

That night, you and Billy had crashed at a motel. You couldn't sleep at your place, for obvious reasons, and Billy had insisted you didn't sleep at his house. You weren't completely sure why, but you had a suspicion it had something to do with the shouting you had heard from his house that day. Deciding not to interrogate him, you had just gone along with the motel idea.

When you returned home the day after, Steve hadn't been a happy camper and it took Steve a few days to stop being angry at you after the pool party. After all, you had pretty much complicated things in your friend group and left him to deal with it alone. But as Steve always did, he eventually got over it.

Now the weekend was over and the Monday promised an eventful day.

"Why are we always late", Steve groaned and hastily gathered his stuff and put it into his backpack.

You were already ready and observed Steve's frustration in amusement.

"Maybe if you used less time on your hair, we'd be in less of a rush", you snorted and pointed to Steve's voluminous hair.

Steve had many nicknames, and after Billy had enrolled in school and stolen his title as King, Steve had acquired a new one. Now he was referred to as "Steve The Hair Harrington", and it was absolutely hilarious and way too fitting.

Steve scowled at you and threw a pencil case at you. You jumped to your side in an attempt to dodge it and frowned.

"Or maybe, if you started packing your shit properly, so I wouldn't have to remember it for you, then we wouldn't be so late", he barked back at you and looked at his wristwatch to check the time. You pouted and bent down to pick up your pencil case before putting it into your bag.

"It's 7:30", Steve exclaimed, and you both ran out to the car.

"We gotta go"!

You and Steve made it just in time, and when you made it to the school entrance, Billy was waiting for you. He was grinning arrogantly.

"Well, I do hear that time is relevant", Billy joked at you being so late, and Steve scoffed in annoyance. and wasted no time and went inside. He was doing his utmost to avoid being near Billy.

Billy looked after Steve with an unimpressed expression.

"I don't think I like your brother", Billy said with a sour voice and you chuckled.

"I think the feeling's mutual".

Billy gasped and looked at you with wide eyes, pretending to be upset, and you hit him playfully.

"You're such a douchebag", you laughed and rolled your eyes. Billy laughed, not caring the slightest, and followed you inside the halls, before walking to his locker.

The halls were filled to the brim with people gathering books and whatnot from their lockers, and further down in the hall right at your locker, you saw Carol and Tina. They also had their locker there, and it meant you still had to see them.

You re-adjusted the strap to your backpack over your shoulder and confidently walked over to your locker and you were met with judgmental eyes.

Carol and Tina glared at you in silence, clearly trying to get to you. But you weren't faced by it. It made them look pathetic. It meant they didn't dare confront you themself, so instead, they tried to make you feel guilty and make you do it.