"Morning girls", you said casually and watched as they got worked up and nearly bitch out on you. But just before they could do so, their expressions quickly softened, and they replied with another overly sweet "good morning".

Billy scooped up on your side and rested his body against the locker beside yours. He had a smug smile plastered on his lips, amused by the tense atmosphere between you and the girls.

It was ironic how quickly Carol and Tina faked being nice when Billy came into the picture, and you got more and more thankful that you weren't friends with them anymore.

"How's Tommy", Billy asked Carol mockingly and Carol's innocent smile instantly replaced itself with a dead silent frown, and she stormed off angrily. Billy smirked, pleased with himself, before tapping on your arm to get your attention.

You were also smiling from Billy's remark and Carol's reaction to it.

"You free today? Max is going to the arcade, and I want some company", Billy asked you, and you gave him a sorry smile.

"I have to stay late and do some homework. I have an English assignment due tomorrow", you sighed disappointedly and closed your locker tiredly.

Billy rolled his eyes at you.

"Guess I'll just ask another bitch then", he dramatically spoke, popped a piece of gum into his mouth, and winked flirtily at the next pretty girl walking by. You knew he didn't think of you as a bitch, but he definitely would find himself another "bitch".

You rolled your eyes at Billy and gave in.

"Fine Romeo, I'll bless you with my great company to the arcade", you scoffed and patted his chest teasingly.

Billy chewed vigorously on his gum and looked at you triumphantly.

"I'll pick you up after school".

>> Time-skip to the end of the day and after the arcade <<

The blue Camaro quickly drove off, loud as ever, and you hummed as you skipped to your front door.

After school, you and Billy had given Max a ride to the arcade where she was to hang out with her friends, Lucas Sinclair and Dustin Henderson. You didn't know Lucas, but Dustin you were well familiar with because of Steve.

After dropping Max off, you and Billy had hung out downtown until you had to pick her up again. You and Billy had gone out to watch a movie, and after it had finished, Billy had been flirting left and right, while you had watched, amused. And when Max finished, Billy had given you a ride home.

You jerked the doorhandle open. Your day had so far been amazing, but that was about to change.

Inside you were instantly met by a familiar scent, and you flinched.

The house smelled like apple pecan pie, which wasn't weird itself. But neither you nor Steve knew how to bake. Only one person in your family knew how to bake, and that was your mom.

Your parents were home.

Nervousness crept up on you, and your throat quickly became dry. Your parents hadn't been home since the semester's start, so it was a month since the last time you had seen them. Your clenched your fists and jumped up and down, agitated, trying to calm yourself down, before mustering up your courage to walk to the living room where dinner was being served.