Volume 1 - The Inception| 26: Wandering around back and forth.

Start from the beginning

Kendra nodded, smiling at me. Then with one final lingering glance, she finally left.

I released a sigh of relief, shaking my head as I also went back to my dormitory. I didn't know that goodbyes could be so nerve wracking.

Afterwards, I arrived at the GAF dormitory, and the green coated ladies asked me to register Pula as my familiar. I wrote and registered Pula then the green coated ladies said to leave Pula in their care.

The green coated ladies said that I can leave Pula in the Familiar Facility, and just let the brown coated staff take care of them. I rejected their offer as I proceeded to carry Pula with me, and I noticed that they looked a bit shocked at that. My brows furrowed, feeling puzzled, but I still held Pula with me. Pula is my responsibility from now on, and I can't let others take care of Pula. After all, Pula is my only family in this world.

I went back to my room, and as I entered the room, I found Cliopatra's bratty figure missing. I shrug, putting Pula down on my bed. "This is going to be your bed from now on, Pula, well, temporarily," I said.

Only temporarily since Pula and I will live in a faraway forest in the future. Pula stretched her body, lying down near my pillow. I smiled since Pula seemed to like the bed. After that, I went to my cabinet to get a set of new uniforms as I plan to take another bath. I feel sticky, oily, and dirty. That's why I need to clean myself up to feel comfortable again.

After getting a set of new uniforms, I went inside the bathroom and took a quick shower. After wearing clean clothes, I pulled the door open, walking out of the bathroom to find Pula being strangled by Cliopatra.

My eyes widen as I hurriedly move. "Pula!" I yelled in panic, pulling Pula away from Cliopatra's grasp.

"Oaf, why is there a damn monster in our room?" Cliopatra question, staring disgustedly at Pula.

Pula growled at Cliopatra, gnashing and baring its fangs on the disgusted princess.

My brows knitted at the two. "Pula is a family from now on, brat, so don't call Pula a monster, and don't ever touch Pula again," I said, narrowing my eyes at Cliopatra warningly.

"Tsk, you're tarnishing my reputation, Oaf," Cliopatra said as she glared back.

"How is Pula connected to your reputation?" I replied as my furrowed brows deepened, feeling annoyed and puzzled.

Cliopatra rolled her emerald eyes and said, "Oaf, don't you know that you shouldn't bring monsters to your room?"

"Why not?" I replied, hugging Pula to my chest protectively.

"Because they're disgusting nasty creatures who attack humans!" Cliopatra answered hatefully, gritting her teeth at me. "And they are stinky little savage; they're just disgusting."

My brows creased as I frowned at her. "That's not true, Pula is sweet, warm, and cute," I argued softly.

"If you insist on taking that nasty thing then consider our friendship revoked!" Cliopatra threatened.

My eyes widened at her. "Seriously?" I said in disbelief.

"Mark my words," Cliopatra replied solemnly.

I stared at Cliopatra as my face slowly became neutral, indifferent, then cold. My eyes looked at her boredly as I opened my mouth and said, "do whatever you want, just don't touch Pula again."

Cliopatra clicked her tongue at me. "Whatever, Oaf, just don't let that nasty thing get close to me or else..." She said, gesturing to her neck.

"Don't you dare," I said slowly, warning in a low hoarse voice as my eyes narrowed dangerously at Cliopatra.