Fifty-three- Scarlet

Destiny and I were going to go and hang out with her friends again which I was excited for. I wanted to have a significant part in her life, so it felt important for me to become friends with her friends, too.

After about an hour of getting ready, the two of us made our way to a local Italian restaurant where we met up with Andre and Milly- Destiny's best friends. Well, her other best friends, that is.

"Hey Scarlet, it's good to see you again," Milly greeted me, as the four of us sat down at a table.

"You too," I replied, with a gentle smile.

I really did mean it, too. It was good to see Destiny's friends again.

I hoped that one day they would be our friends.

"I was going to go and get some Korean street food," Andre said. "But I love this place, too."

"Do you want to leave?" Milly asked Andre playfully, elbowing him in the ribs.

Andre shook his head, as his eyes widened slightly.

"No, not at all," he protested.

"Hey relax, Andre. I was just playing," Milly replied.

An expression of relief appeared upon Andre's face, then, as he exhaled with a slight smile.

"Okay, good," he said.

"What's everyone having to drink?" Milly asked, after a moment, changing the subject.

"Whiskey," Destiny said.

I widened my eyes at her.

"What?" she asked.

"Are you actually?" I asked.

Whiskey was far too strong for me. That much could be said with certainty.

"Yeah," she said, with a smirk. "You're such a lightweight," she said quietly, in my ear.

I wanted to kiss her, if only she wasn't taunting me right now.

"I'll have one, too, then," I said.

There was no way I was going to let her say something like that and not go against what she had suggested.

"Ooh, yes Scarlet!" Andre grinned.

Once the waitress got to our table, we ordered our drinks and Destiny turned to me with a serious expression.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked me.

"Yes," I said. "It's just one whiskey."

I shrugged.

Destiny scoffed.

"Don't," I whispered, nudging her in the side.

"I'm going to have some tap water," Andre said. "I'm broke until midnight."

"I'll buy your lunch, then," Milly said with a kind smile.

"You don't have to, Mills, but thank you," Andre replied.

Our drinks soon arrived and I downed it quickly.

"You love to hate alcohol," Destiny said.

"That literally burnt a hole in my throat," I replied, wincing.

"You'll be fine," Destiny said.

"Thanks for the reassurance," I mumbled. "May I please have some of your tap water, Andre?" I asked, then, which caused everyone to chuckle.

God.

Whiskey tasted like straight up lighter fluid, and people liked this?

"Try Fireball next time. It's fuckin' awesome," Milly said.

"Oh Lord," Andre said.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"The last time Milly convinced me to drink Fireball I ended up passed out in a park at three in the morning. She helped me home, of course, but fuck me."

"Why don't you ask the cute waiter over there to do that?" Milly asked.

Andre narrowed his eyes at her.

"Shit. He's coming over," he said.

"Damn, act natural," Milly replied.

"My throat is on fire," I said.

Andre chuckled and passed his water over to me.

I quickly downed it and then shot an apologetic look in his direction.

"Can I get you anything?" the waiter asked.

"Some more water would be great, thanks honey," Andre said.

The waiter's cheeks became a little pinker, when he caught sight of Andre.

I smiled, as my eyes drifted between the two of them.

"And for mains?" he asked.

"Tap water," Andre said immediately.

The waiter chuckled but soon met Andre with a knowing expression.

"I recommend the pesto. It's the cheapest pasta on the menu. Also, the best," he said.

"Then I'll take it," Andre said. "Thank you, Dean," he added, as he caught sight of the waiter's name badge.

"No worries at all. And for everyone else?" Dean asked, clearing his throat before he drew his attention away from Andre.

The rest of us ordered our food and Dean soon headed off to send our orders through to the kitchen.

"There's a spider on my chair," Milly said.

"And this is a problem because...?" Andre trailed off.

Destiny turned to him and shook her head.

"Milly hates spiders. She absolutely can't stand them. So much for being punk rock," she teased. A smirk played at her lips.

Milly shot her a look.

"Hey, I'd just appreciate it not crawling over me, alright? I think that's a fair statement," she said.

"If I just eat dinner and then go and talk to the waiter, you guys will be alright, yeah?" Andre asked, after a minute.

"Andre, you've been eying this dude up for the past twenty minutes since you saw him. It's fine. Go for it," Destiny told him, with an encouraging smile.

Andre placed a kiss upon Destiny's cheek.

"You're the best. Thank you," he said.

He then proceeded to wolf down his meal before he went to talk to Dean who was now on his break. Convenient timing for Andre. That was for sure.

"Hey!" I heard him greet Dean with energy.

Dean looked up and smiled, looking a little nervous.

This could be the start of something really good.

They looked cute together.

Destiny turned to me then and nudged my knee with her own.

"Hey, love," she said. "How's that whiskey hitting you?"

"I'm not that much of a lightweight," I replied, feeling a bit flustered.

I sometimes hated how she knew me so well.

I felt tipsy and I had only had one whiskey.

Alcohol and me really should not be allowed in the same room.

Chase entered the restaurant then and I immediately froze.

"Scarlet?" Destiny asked, before she followed where I was looking. "Oh. Forget him. It's okay," she said.

He was with another girl, but it really didn't bother me anymore.