Sixty- Destiny- a year later

"Hey, yeah, that's cool, Chase. Scarlet and I would be happy to babysit," I told Chase over the phone, as I went to sit beside Scarlet on the sofa, in the living room of our new house. There was a point where I had disliked the guy, hated him, really, but I knew he had made Scarlet happy at one point and he was actually a really good friend, so we had ended up keeping in touch with him. "See you soon," I said, before I ended the call. Chase had got a new girlfriend a few months after his split with Scarlet, and the two of them soon had a baby together. It was cute. I was glad he had found somebody who made him happy.

Of course, Scarlet and I were happy, too. How could we not be? Every day I felt happier, honestly. I wasn't sure how that was possible, but with her, it certainly was. It was possible because she changed the world for me. She was all I ever wanted and all that I ever would need.

"Hey, happy one year," I said to Scarlet, as I kissed her playfully.

"Has it really been that long?" she teased.

"It feels like it's been longer than that, but in a good way," I said.

Scarlet nodded.

"I know what you mean," she said. "I'm going to go chill out for a moment in the garden."

The garden was where Scarlet went whenever she was angry or upset. It was her personal spot.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"My dad called me yesterday... my mum left him," she explained.

I pulled her into a hug.

"God...it's a mess," she spoke. "They're like worst enemies now, or something. My dad seemed pissed. I'll have to go and see him soon."

I nodded with understanding. Scarlet and her parents had never been close, but Scarlet always wanted to be there for people when they were struggling, no matter the history between her and them.

"But it's alright. I want to focus on work right now," she said.

"We need to finish off the children's book," I replied, with a small smile.

We had been working on our own book for a while now. Scarlet had written most of it. I had illustrated it.

"Let's not worry about tomorrow right now, Scarlet. It's going to be alright. We can do more work on the book later," I assured her.

"Thank you," she said.

"Hey, we have a few hours before Chase arrives. I wanted you to come and hang out with Andre and Milly. Is that alright?" I asked her.

Scarlet gave a nod of her head, seeming a little happier now. She loved to hang out with my friends. I supposed they were our friends now, really.

The two of us soon left our house so we could drive into town, where we met up with Milly, Andre and Dean- Andre's boyfriend.

The five of us walked to a local café so we could chill out there.

"Hey everyone," Scarlet said, with a more peaceful expression upon her face.

I was glad that we were getting this chance to hang out with them, now. We didn't get to see them too often these days, due to other commitments. Whenever we did see each other, though, we could pick up right where we left off.

The same could be said for us and Chase. He was pretty busy with a business analyst job, now, so he spent a lot of the time out of the city with his girlfriend. That just meant we got to spend time with his adorable daughter.

"Hey Scarlet. Hey Destiny," Milly said, with a kind smile. She had dyed her hair lilac and had eyeshadow to match. That had always been the thing about Milly, she was unafraid to stand out. "It's great to see you two!" she continued and pulled the two of us into a hug. When she pulled back, her eyes looked towards Andre. "Come here," she said, before hugging him too.

He smiled.

"It's good to see you all," he said.

We sat down at a nearby table and settled into our seats.

"How's everything going with the new jobs, guys?" Milly asked them.

Andre had become a manager of a fashion company, while Dean had become a car sales guy. The two of them had a little apartment together not too far from mine and Scarlet's place, so we visited whenever we could.

"Really well, thank you," Andre said.

"Are you kidding? Andre's about five months ahead of where the company were expected to be. He's always working," Dean said.

"Alright, that's not true, but-" Andre cut off.

"I respect it," I said.

Andre had always been focused on his goals. Everything that Dean had said made a lot of sense.

We soon ordered our coffees and chatted away for a little while, until it was time for Scarlet and me to head back home.

"Thank you for coming," I told Milly and Andre, as I hugged them both again.

"Anytime," Milly said. "When are you going to ask the question, by the way?" she whispered in my ear.

I shook my head with amusement.

Milly and Andre had been placing bets on when I was going to propose to Scarlet, but I had kept that information top secret.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I told her, with a small smile.

Milly rolled her eyes.

"Always so secretive," she said. "See you around."

"See you soon!" Andre called out to us.

Scarlet and I said goodbye and soon left the café.

We returned home promptly to find Chase had just arrived with baby Ciara.

He carried her up to the front door.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," Scarlet smiled, taking Ciara into her arms.

"I'll be back in a little bit. All of Ciara's things are-"

"In the backpack," I finished.

He nodded, with a smile. "See you soon."

Chase returned to his car and waved to us, before he got inside and drove off.

Scarlet and I made our way back into our house.

"Are you okay?" I asked Scarlet, as she placed Ciara on the sofa, which she quickly fell asleep upon.