Joey vs. Keith Part 1

"The first match of these playoffs have come to a close. Yugi Mutou has emerged victorious over Mai Valentine. He will advance to the next round.", Croquet.

"All right!", Joey. "Yeah!", Tea. "Way to go, Yugi.", Tristan.

*Clap clap*

"Ha ha ha. Well done Yugi. Suburb duel. You certainly know how to put on a good show.", Pegasus.

"What a creep.", Tristan.

"Hmm. Proceed.", Pegasus.

"The second match of these playoffs will begin shortly. Bandit Keith will battle Joey Wheeler. Prepare your decks.", Croquet.

"Me, now? Boy, that was sure quick", Joey. "Joey, your going to do fine.", Bakura. "Come on, don't worry.", Tea. "Hm? Thanks, guess I'm kinda tense.", Joey. "Yeah, you've got a few reasons to be. First up, look who're going up against, Bandit Keith, the intercontinental champion. I mean the guy makes his living outta winning prize money from tournaments just like these.", Tristan.

~~~~~~

I was making my way back to the balcony with everyone else when I heard Joey and Yugi down the hall.

"Yugi.", Joey. "Wha? Oh, h-hey Joey. What's up? Are you ok?", Yugi. "Yugi, if I win this, then were next. You duelin' against me. What do you think about that?", Joey. "I think we can look forward to an honorably fought match.", Yugi. "Huh? Nice call. Then you give it your best and I'll give it mine, and we'll stay best friends no matter what.", Joey. Yugi nodded and Joey proceeded.

When Yugi was making his way, I didn't think about what I was doing but I did it anyway.

"Hey, Yugi.", Kyra. He turns around to see me. "Oh, hey Kyra. Whoa, hey, are you alright?", Yugi rushes in to my aid. He noticed that I was leaning some of my body on the wall for support.

That's why I say I wasn't thinking when I called out to him knowing I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Oh, it's just a lack of energy. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. But it's all good, really. I just stepped out to get a little breather is all.", Kyra. "Are you sure?", Yugi still looked concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. Now come on, Joey needs our support right?", Kyra. I abruptly try to move past him so as to get ahead of him to beat him to it. "Hmm. Right.", Yugi. He then catches up to me to walk with me to the balcony. He still stayed cautious incase I needed someone to lean on.

~~~~~~

Joey was coming out of the hallway and onto the arena.

"Yeah, there's our man!", Tristan. "Go Joey!", Tea.

Yugi and I just barely made it to the balcony side. Tea and Bakura were relieved to see me, since they were worried I would miss Joey's match.

Joey raised his fist to us and he took to notice me there too and he definitely was happy that I showed up.

"Huh? What's the deal? Where's Keith?", Joey.

"*Yawn* What time is it?", Keith. Joey couldn't believe for what he was seeing.

"What are you doing?! Get over here!", Joey. "Hey, chill out. The pummeling will commence as soon as I'm good and ready, so don't get your briefs in a bunch. You got that, blondie?", Keith.

"Stall as long as you want Keith, but your gonna have to duel me sooner or later.", Joey.

Keith just keeps on smiling.

*(!) Hmm, somethings not right... (!)*

"Tournament verification cards, gentlemen.", Croquet.

Bandit Keith shows his. "No problem. Hey, tweeb, show the man your card.", Keith.