The Veil of Shadows Part 1

We all ran in the direction of the scream. It sounded like Mai, hopefully we get there in time.

When we got there we saw Mai and some guy near a platform. "Mai! Are you ok!?", Yugi. "You're too late.", Mai. "Too late for what?", Tea. "This sideshow freak giving you a hard time?", Joey. "That's right. Just like Pegasus pays me to do. Root out all the dueling filth on this island and dispose of it.", the tall dark man said. "Doesn't that make you a garbage man?," Tristan. "This is no joke! Panik's one of the islands eliminators, and if you don't get out of here, he's gonna do to you what he did to me.", Mai. "Eliminator? What's that, Mai?", Yugi. "Look. This is what she means, right here. Check out her duelist's glove. Not a star chip left.", Panik says as he pulls up her wrist. That really makes me angry, this guy is a real piece of work. "But that would mean she's been disqualified.", Tea. "You're out, Mai?", Yugi. "I am. It all happened so fast. The way Panik duels, I just lost it.", Mai. "This isn't right.", Tea. "Ha! She was one of my easiest victims yet. Hahahaha!", Panik pushes Mai. "You creep!", Joey charges forward. That is, until Bakura and Tristan tried to stop him. "Move it! There's no excuse for pushing a girl.", Joey. "Calm down, Joey. I know how you feel, but that guy's more than twice your size.", Bakura. "I can take him.",Joey. "No, Joey. Fists aren't the answer. Violence won't solve anything. I've dealt with a lot of bullies in my life, and I'm afraid there's only one way to deal with them.", Yugi says with his face downcast. "What do you mean?", Joey. "You have to stand up to them!", Yugi says before changing to Yami. I know how he feels, but I cant let him do this now, not when he has so much to fight for. I only came here to help him and his friends, I don't care that much for this tournament. It was just a way for Pegasus to get to me. "But, Yugi--", Mai. "Now let's see you try your intimidating tactics against me, Panik. I don't scare easy, especially when I'm standing up for my friends, so lets duel!", Yami. "You Twirp! I'll eliminate you from the tournament just like I did her! Tell him how I trounced you!", Panik. "Please, Yugi.", Mai. "Let her go, Panik! If you're looking to bully someone. try--", Yami. "Try bulling me!", I stepped forward. Yami was wasn't expecting that. "What, Kyra, no--", Yami tried to stop me. But I put a hand on his shoulder and whispered to him. "Don't get me wrong, I know you can beat this chump, but let me take this. You have much more at stake than I do, so it won't be a big loss if I lose, not that I will.", I laughed a little to lighten the mood. "But your ten star chips!", Yami. "It's ok I can do this, trust me. How do you think I won ten in one day", I tried to give him a reassuring smile. He had a look that still disagreed, but in the end he was... "Hey, I'll duel whoever, it doesn't matter to me. Heheheh.", Panik. That just gave me an idea. "So, I guess you won't mind if you dueled me then?", I gave a smirk. "Ha, you'll be easy pickings just like she was.", ok I wasn't ok with that. "Oh, but I think you'll have some difficulty this time.", I say. "And why's that?", Panik still has a grin on his face. I didn't want to use the name like this, but it'll get his attention away from Yugi. "Because, I'm the hidden duelist!", gasps were heard all around me, including Yami. Panik's face sunk a little. "Didn't I tell you, I eliminate the weakling's, not the strong ones. And besides, there's no way your the hidden duelist.", Panik. "Then how did I get these 10 star chips then?", I hold up my dueling glove. "Hmph. That doesn't mean your the real thing.", Panik. "Well, then. I guess your not up for the challenge.", I could hear an urk in his voice. "I guess your not the eliminator you claim to be then. Pegasus was wrong to pick you as one of his eliminator's.", ever so slightly I hear his knuckles crack. "Kyra, you don't have to--", Yami tried to persuade me again but I turned around to give him him a wink and showing him my fingers crossed. I don't know if he was ok with it now, but he stood silent. I guess he might be worried that I pushed it too far, maybe I have but it was the only way he'd pick me to fight against. "All right, you got yourself a deal. Hidden duelist or not, you will be eliminated by me.", Panik. That's just what I want, to get a chance to put this guy in his place.