The Veil of Shadows Part 2

"Whoa! Smooth move! Kyra caught one of Panik's most powerful monsters, and now she's got 2 magic cards on the table to boot!", Joey. "And let's not forget her castle up in the sky.", I hear Yami say. "Are you starting to feel nervous Panik?", I hear a low growl as a response. "I may not have pulled my effective attacks on you, but it wont be that way for long.", I stated. "Ridiculous. What are you talking about?", Panik. "Oh you know what I'm referring to. I declared that in 5 turns, I'll give what's coming to you. Something you'll never forget, that I promise you. Only 4 more turns until it happens. 4 more turns when your out of the shadows and exposed for the coward you are!", I say clearly. "You dolt! Have you forgotten whom you face here? I am Panik the eliminator!", Panik punches the buttons to pull out the flames except this time there standing upside and not at me. I gave a scoff and laughed. "Still pulling the flames out, sure you don't want to surrender now?", I taunt a little more. Although it's what he deserves for choosing to scare other duelists as a hobby. "Grr! Grr!", Panik just glares at me. "Kyra is playing with fire. I sure hope she knows what she's doing.", Tea worries. "Yeah. This Panik nut-job is playing for keeps.", Joey. "Oh, yeah. Panik enjoys breaking people down, making them sweat, watching them squirm. For him, dueling is just an excuse to practice his cruelty.", Mai. "Are you going to make a move or is stalling all you can do now?", so far I've got him in a corner. I just hope he doesn't bite back that'll put me in a corner. "Silence! Huh? Huh...", Panik drew his card and had a good look at it. "Huh?", I waited to see. "Hahahaha! This beast will win the entire match for me, King of Yamimakai! But don't take my word for it! Hahaha. Powered up with the field power bonus that all my monsters get from the night, my king of yamimakai is far more powerful than your pitiful creature.", Panik. The monster he played was huge, making mine look like a dragonling. "Oh, no!", Joey. "King of Yamimakai, destroy her Alexandrite Dragon! Electro-shock attack!", Panik sets his attack. But the attack didn't exactly go his way. "What? It's veering away! Instead of destroying Kyra's Alexandrite Dragon... It's attacking my reaper of the cards!", Panik. "Well looks like your reaper of the cards is no more!", I stated. "All right.", Joey. "Panik messed up!", Tea. "No! My life points!", Panik's life points went drastically low.

Panik 494/ Kyra 1806

"Curse you and your shadow spell! It's chains held my monster in front of yours and drew my attack to it instead and destroyed my precious monster!", Panik. "Well you see Panik, it wasn't my trap that drew your attack, it was my monster.", I pointed out. "Huh? What? Huh!? Your monster is glowing? But how?", Panik was confused to this sight. "Allow me to explain, it's true that my chains held your monster in place in front of mine. But you see it really was attracted to the light glow my Alexandrite Dragon makes. Even in the darkest of night, my dragon's scales shine like lost jewels, so in other words your monster being in front of mine was just convenient for me.", I finish with a grin. He growled to my explanation. "Now how about we illuminate the field with more light!", I say. "Huh?", Panik. "Let's reveal all of your creatures of the night, with the swords of revealing light!", I play the magic card to the field. The field was slowly turning so bright, almost like it was daylight. "Stop! Stop it! I can't stand the light!", Panik puts his arms over him from the blinding rays. "And just like that, your monsters are in plain sight now!", now the light didn't bother me, I'm just glad I can see what I'm up against. "Ha! No one keeps Kyra in the dark!", Tristan. "Even Panik's cards are revealed now!", Tea. "Hiding for you is over, Panik. And it'll all be over in three more turns.", I held three fingers up. I could see the frustration in his eyes now that I can see. "But the swords wasn't just to reveal your monsters, but to also halted them in their place for three turns. Which means your stuck with no attacks while I make my move.", I grinned. 

Even though it's true I can make my move freely now, his three monsters are still more powerful than my lone dragon. And I don't have enough dragons in my graveyard to activate castle of dragon souls yet. "What's the matter, still stalling Panik?", I'll just keep playing the way I have until something pulls through. Panik drew his next card. "Huh? Hehehe! And this is the card to do it! Kyra, you can forget your foolish delusion of defeating me in just three turns. I've drawn a chaos shield card.", Panik stated. "Oh, crap. It effects all monsters on the field! Changing to defense mode and their defense points grow higher." Ok this just got more difficult. "You're thinking too small, you fool. Or don't you realize that I can combine my chaos shield with my castle of dark illusions.", Panik. "This is bad.", Mai. "With this combination I can project a defensive shield over my entire area.", Panik's monsters and castle were circled by the shield. "Now Kyra can't get anywhere near his monsters.", Mai. "Whoa.", Joey. "What's that mean?", Tea. "Panik's untouchable while Kyra's a sitting duck.", Mai. "Hunh! As long as the chaos shield is in place, your monsters cannot touch me. Do you still think you can defeat me in three turns, you impudent wench? Admit defeat now. You can see how the shield raises the defense points of my monsters.", Panik.