Chapter 14 - I thought it was supposed to be Home Sweet Home?

(Now Edited)

I gulped and looked behind me.

Should I do this? I asked them with my eyes. My friends smiled and then nodded, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

There was some sliding at the window and I knew that someone was looking at me through it. After a million clicks and clacks of locks later, the door opened so one could peek through it.

A face appeared through the crack and I could see that it was a man, but also from his deep voice.

"Who are you?" he demanded, running his eyes up and down trying to figure out who I was.

"I'm...?" I thought for a second, who am I? I made the decision. "Violet. My name is Violet and I liv-lived here," I answered looking everywhere but his face. Who was he? My first thought was Dad! but that man was not him. I didn't get my hopes up anyways, my father would have been older and I would recognize him better, wouldn't I? But he wouldn't be so jumpy and protective, unless he was different now.

The door slammed shut, making me jump in surprise. The curtain closed and the million of locks were re-latched and put back into place.

"Open this f*cking door!" I screamed, banging the metal with my fists.

"Er...eh...No!" I heard from inside.

Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder and I jumped again, startled.

I looked behind me to see Ryan, he knocked on the door, but harder than I would ever be able to.

"Open this door now! This is the F.B.I.!" he smirked down at me as the locks clicked and clacked again to reopen the door.

"F.B.I.?" I whispered to him, confused. I had no idea Ryan was part of the F.B.I.

"Nah, just a little lie. It helps when you have a fake badge that looks real...kind of," he smirked again and the door flew open.

Ryan flipped up the badge and quickly flipped it back down and put it in his pocket. My palms were sweating, would the man realize it was fake?

The man nodded and stepped back to let us in. We walked inside in silence, I looked around, everywhere.

This isn't it...

Nothing, nothing at all was the same. Every single detail was different, from the paint color and furniture. When I knocked, I thought, Here comes the feeling of home! and hug my parents and smile and we'd all say, I missed you!

"You listen now," Ryan began to yell at the man. "This girl here, lived in this house before you and we'd just want you to answer a few questions and everything will be all dandy. Okay?" Ryan even looked like a man of the F.B.I.) he had the short hair and dark, fancy-ish clothing, even down to the black sun glasses.

Ryan and I sat on a couch that was in the living room, and the man sat across from us.

"So, what do you want?" the man barked out, rudely.

"I'm...Violet and I used to live her, but I haven't been here in a while and well...I'm looking for my parents. The couple that used to live here...do you know anything about them?" I bit my lip nervously, waiting for the answer.

"The...uh...Guilburt's?" he asked, looking like he was still thinking about it. The name sounded familiar, so it must be my last name.

Violet Guilburt. Yup that definitely was right, I remembered now that was my complete name.

"Yes! Do you have any idea where they went, or any information about them?" I asked, leaning forward in anticipation. He looked unsure and sad...my stomach twisted, more nervously than before.

What was wrong?

"Jared Guiburt, who I'm assuming was your father...." he began. Was? "He has...uh...pass-"

I instantly thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head from them widening so much and my ears were going to bleed from hearing this.

"No! NO!" I screamed. This couldn't have happened! I deny to hear it!

"Yes...Violet. He passed away, I'm so sorry for your loss. Er, but your mother is fine, she sold this house once your father was gone. I didn't learn much about her but if I can remember where I put the piece of paper, I might be able to find her address."

My hope was raised but yet...the sadness of my father clenched my heart in a death grip.

"Yes, please could you find it for me," I gave him a small and weak smile. He nodded and then left.

I decided this was the best time to look around more. The furniture might not be the same, but the structure was at least.

It was when I jumped into the kitchen and saw a poster of Chuck Norris, the gay cowboy, I smirked and felt like laughing. But of course, I didn't because I heard footsteps coming back.

"So here it is," he smiled and handed me a card. I looked at it.

My eyes flashed to the city.

CA. Los Angelas.

Ca-calafornia?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm just uploading cause I'm at the beach and have nothing much to do (I know I said 50 votes but what the heck? I uploaded anyways :D) But I'm also on what's hot 31, or something and so do you think you can make me 20 or something? Thanks! And this is edited now, a little bit different from what I updated before. But of course you won't be able to tell if you're reading this now. Ahaha.

Btw I got comments like "HOW DOES SHE KNOW JB! HOW DOES SHE KNOW KESHA????"

Well like I said, she had Spanish T.V. there could have been JB and Kesha songs there, just in Spanish. Just use your imagination, that's why authors leave out details sometimes so all their fans can imagine what THEY WANT! ;D Even for the movies, they could all be in Spanish. So vote if you liked this chapter....kind of! Thanks!