Chapter 6 - What are you looking at? (PART ONE)

Ok so dedicated to monkeybaby7 Because SHES AWSOME jk it's because the song. See U in the dark is on of my fav songs right now and I only know that song because of her book. If she has a problem that I put that song in my book, well I will delete it. But lets hope she's cool with it. Right now it is number 144. On what's hot list. Not to much not to little so yeah Im proud :D thank you so much fans and people who read it.

We walked back to the Inn. I was so excited for later, Jessy told me that we would be staying the night. I would actually be sleeping on a bed! That hasn't happened in years!

We were standing in the lobby when the Inn's phone rang. Jessy answered it. 

"Okay, okay. We'll meet you there in few," he said into the phone and then placed it back on the hook.

"So, what's happening now?" I asked Jessy, shoving my hands in the jean jacket that Joanna gave to me before we left earlier today. 

"We're meeting Derek for dinner," he told me, smiling at the thought. Probably thinking of what he was going to say about Joanna to Derek, who ever he was. "He wants to meet you," Jessy added, glancing down at his feet.

"Who is Derek, anyways?" I tried to remember if he told me yet. Nope. 

"My uncle,"

"Why does he want to meet me?"

"He just does. Okay?" he said rather sharply, making me wince. Shoot, I said something wrong. "I'll put Chewie in your room for now," he added and brought Chewie upstairs. 

I continued through the Inn to the small restaurant. There were a few tables that were empty and then a few that were full. Jessy came up behind, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"That's him," he nodded to a tall looking man, around his forties, with black hair and green eyes like Jessy's. We walked over to him.

"Hi, you must be Dudette, I'm Derek," he introduced, standing up and holding out his hand for me to shake. 

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled and shook his hand.

We sat down, and began eating dinner. After a bit of small talk, Derek seemed to notice something.

"Where's Joanna?"

You could practically hear Jessy gulp loudly. I looked over, even though I could tell he was a bit nervous, he had confidence all written across his face.

"I sold her," Jessy responded, seconds later without any trace of fear. I had to give him props for that. If I was telling my uncle that I just sold my cousin, I'd be pretty scared.

"Finally! I have been trying to get rid of that girl for months now!" Derek cheered, making my jaw drop.

Wait what??!!

"I took her out into the woods once, several actually, but she kept finding her way back here," he shook his head laughing. "So, how did you sell her?"

"Well..." Jessy began telling him the story, leaving me thinking.

I ate the piece of steak that was left over on my plate. Hm, meat. That reminds me, I wonder how Chewie is doing. He hasn't been locked up somewhere for long before. At least, not that I know of. 

Jessy told me there were maids who worked at the Inn. I hope they don't mistake him for dinner. That would be bad, I hope they don't eat him!

"Are you ready to go?" Jessy asked me, pulling me from my Chewie thoughts. I looked around, Derek was already gone. Huh? When did that happen? I looked towards the window, it was dark outside. WHAT?

I stood up, ready to go upstairs when suddenly I was swept off my feet. Literally.

"Jessy, I can walk you know," I giggled, as he made his way up the stairs with me in his arms.

"I know, but you're as light as a feather anyways, so it's no hassle," he grinned down at me. We passed some doors and finally stopped in front of one, Jessy set me down to open the door. I stared in awe at what I saw. "We're here,"

"It's beautiful!" 

The whole bedroom was amazing. It had a queen sized mattress and a bathroom attached to the room. And then there was a balcony that stretched out so you could look at the stars.

"Not as beautiful as you are," he whispered, probably not expecting me to here. I still blushed though. "My room is down the hall, the balcony is actually facing yours. If you need anything, come and find me,"

I nodded and he closed the door behind him.

I saw a night gown on the bed, it was a light pink and was just to my knees. I put it on and laid on the bed for a few seconds. It was really comfy. I snuggled into it, but I couldn't fall asleep. I was too restless.

Chewie, on the other hand, was fast asleep on his little dog bed that someone must have set out for him. I decided to let him be instead of talking to him like I usually did when I had a problem.

So, I walked out onto the balcony, leaning against the railing and looking out to the clear night. It was amazing, the stars I mean. It has been so long since I could enjoy them and actually see them for that matter. Actually I saw a constellation of a drunk guy.

I stood there for a while, until I heard I saw a form across from mine open a their door and step out onto their balcony. I glanced up to see Jessy there, but I didn't try to get his attention. I wanted to see if he would bother getting mine. He looked up and chuckled he must of seen the drunk guy to. Again I wonderd if he would try to get my atention

He didn't though, he just kept looking up and back down onto the piece of paper he had out.

What was he doing?

I didn't let him know that I was looking at him though, I just looked at him from the corner of my eye every couple seconds. We both did this for a while until I started to get tired enough to sleep. I went back inside, closing the door and flopped onto my bed. Falling into a deep sleep on my comfy bed.