Chapter 13 - Is this it? (PART TWO)

Seconds passed...then minutes...and then hours, but time didn't seem to exist for me. I concentrated on the beat of my happy heart.

    My home was so close, I felt like I could almost taste it. Well not literally. As we drove on, I saw things I remembered vaguely.

    The old mall.

    Well, I guess not that old, but I haven't been here in a while, which seemed like centuries to me.

    The moment was ruined when Scott's stomach growled.

    "Wow there, want to eat, son?" Ryan laughed in his gay (both meanings) mood.

    "Yeah, me too. My stomach has the rumbles too that only McDonalds can cure," Jessy joked, smiling and it seemed for the first time that Jessy was truly showing a happy moment with and towards someone in his family.

    Ryan pulled into the 'new' lot of the McDonalds. I guess to some people it would be old, but to me it wasn't here when I last saw the mall. At least...I don't remember seeing anything close to this new building. We all climbed out of the car and walked through the entrance of McDonalds.

    Katty bit her lip as she looked up at the menu. Oh dear Lord, please tell me she's not one of those 'eat as little as possible so I'll stay skinny' girls.

    Chewie was in my arms, or well...he was now trying to escape from my arms by pecking on them. So, I let him go and watched him semi fall and semi glide to the floor.

    "Aw! Look mommy! A chicken!" a little girl squealed, while munching on her French fries. Soon enough, after hearing the little girl, children swarmed Chewie, giving him all of their attention. Everyone seemed to love Chewie, not matter where we were.

    Paying attention to ordering now, everyone was waiting for me to say something. I had the ordinary burger and fries. We all sat down when I noticed something. Katty had a salad. That skinny, Minny bitch, excuse my language but I just have something against girls who cared only about their figures. I glanced over at Ryan, whose head was deep into his happy meal...

    Ryan's smile dropped to a frown.

    "Damn, there's no toy," he complained, frowning still and it looked like it took everything for Jessy not to laugh, so he just smirked.

    "Uh...dad, I think you're a bit TOO old for 'toys'," Scott informed his dad, shaking his head with a shameful face.

    It was then I got hit...not hit with an object but with a flashback.

    "Oooh! A flashback!" I heard Cosmo from the Fairly Odd Parents say, or was it Billy or Mandy. Anyways back to my flashback...

***

    The sun shined, hitting my face from through the window. Almost like it was desperately covering me. My dad and mom sat in the front on a booth, everything was perfect. It seemed like the kind of ending of Silent Hill, where the father laid on the couch not knowing about his dead wife or daughter.

    This was one of the rare times I could see my mom's face clearly. I felt as if I left my body, and was completely absorbed in the flashback but when I tried to talk, nothing was uttered.

    I explored, looking around, I couldn't hear anything, only see. I just saw them laughing.

    I looked out the window, further out in the parking lot was a blue van, no..."The Blue Van". Not just a normal one.

    That was the van that had took me away from my family. That blue van was what ruined my life.

    Chandler's van.

    A child looked up at Mary and she whispered into her ear.

    "No," someone said and I realized it came out of my mouth but it looked like no one else could hear it.

    I watched, sadness overtook me as I saw the others drive away. Somehow Chandler and Mary have known many of the people I know now. And without me knowing most of the time. How though? Katty looked about to be my age, and they kidnapped me when I was five. The must have kidnapped Katty around the same age as me

    Did we live together without each other knowing? How could they, or why would they kidnap so many children. Were there others?

***

    I didn't realize everything was back to normal until I noticed that everyone was staring at me weirdly. I blinked, taking this knowledge in.

    "So, were you exploring 'Dudette World' or something," Jessy asked, looking at me with a funny look.

    "What's a 'Dudette World'? Scott asked, looking back and forth in between us as if they answer was there.

    "Her world, like her imagination. Like when you stare into space for a while and just think, for you that's 'Scott World',"

    Scott shook his head, "No, for me it's 'Scott-land, I like the word 'land' better," he grinned at his joke.

    Some of them laughed but I stayed silent and still. We continued to eat and when we were finished, we headed back tot he car. I decided to snap out of it for now.

    The sun was fading in the horizon as we pulled out of the lot. I gave the directions I remembered. I was buzzing with excitement and anxiousness now.

    "Left at the stop sign...okay now...and now right and then continue straight," I informed him, keeping a eye out. "STOP!" I screamed and Ryan pushed on the breaks, making us all fly forward and then back when our seat belts held us in place.

    The house was what I remembered it to be; the two doors in the front, of course only one of them opened, the square shaped windows and the yellow and pink-ish brick color on the walls. Then there was that tree, the big, fat, huge tree which I secretly climbed when I was little at the times when I was lonely. I hopped out of the car and jogged over to the tree. I touched the rough brown bark and the past flashed back into my head again. It looked black and white at the first glance; I ran around the tree with a scarf wrapped around my neck, waving through the wind.

    With the memories, I was circling around the tree now. I came to a stop in front of a wall, three perfectly painted hands on this wall. The first one was huge and green, and inside it was marked 'DAD'. The second one was red and looked delicate, written within the lines was 'MOM'.

    The last one was tiny and blue. My hand.

    "V...I...O...L...E...T" I spelled out loud.

    Violet. That was my name. I touched my old hand print with one of my fingers. The memory of the day we painted these came back.

    Why didn't they look for me? What if they did? Did they want me back?

    I stepped back and slid down, leaning against our tree. The long grass was tickling my legs through my jeans.

    I finally made my decision. I got up and walked towards it. I held my breath...looking back once. The people I journeyed with stared.

    Finally...I knocked on my door.

    Knock. Knock.

(A.N) CLIFFHANGER...that's just how it is and how I roll. Sorry for everyone who is upset.

But if get 50 votes or more, I'll update sooner than I planned so vote away! Thanks everyone XD