Volume 1 - The Inception| 24: The protagonist is a little playful.

The faint sound of advancing footsteps slowly made their way to my ears. I looked up and saw the small advancing figure of Kendra from afar.

The gust of the wind softly blew Kendra's long platinum hair in the air. It's like I'm watching a short commercial for shampoos. You know, where the female model got their long shiny silky hair sway in the air. That's how Kendra looks to me right now. Like a shampoo commercial model.

I close the book in my hand, putting it back on my satchel bag.

I look down at Pula. It's an adorable rabbit with red furs and ruby eyes. It had two white horns on its forehead. Which I think added more cuteness to its appearance.

I stroked Pula gently on its head and carried the little fellow in my arms as I stood up. I moved my legs forward and met up with Kendra.

"Finish?" I said as I slowly approached Kendra.

Kendra nodded as she walked towards me then her gaze went down to Pula. Pula, on the other hand, let out a growl staring at Kendra.

My brows knitted at this. "Pula!" I scolded sternly, staring at the little red rabbit in my arms.

Pula seems to understand as it sadly lays its bunny ears back, lowering them down.

"Don't growl at people again, okay?" I coaxed gently, stroking its bunny ears.

Pula whimpered aggrievedly, but Pula didn't growl again.

I rub its ears and cheeks to coax it. Pula purred and licked my hand, nuzzling near me. So I stroke it more to make Pula happy.

"Ahem."

Kendra cleared her throat loudly, getting my attention.

I raised my head and looked forward to Kendra again. "Oh, by the way, this is Pula, it suddenly approached me earlier when nature called you," I explained, smiling while caressing Pula's red fur.

"I see, so you name it Pula, that's a unique name," Kendra replied, smiling like an angel at me.

I smiled back and didn't respond.

It's indeed unique in this world, because Pula is a Tagalog word that came from earth.

When I got transmigrated in this world, I didn't encounter any language barrier, because people in this world used english. Probably because the author wrote the novel in english.

However, speaking English every single day still made me feel alienated. Even though I know how to speak this language and even if english is a universal language, it's still not my mother tongue in the end.

"Are you alright?" Said Kendra.

I buried the complicated feelings in my heart and smiled at Kendra. "Yes, why'd you suddenly ask?" I said slightly puzzled.

"No reason," Kendra replied as she stopped in front of me.

I also stopped walking, and said, "mm, let's go?"

Kendra nodded and started leading me to who knows where. I asked her earlier where we were going, but Kendra would only answer mysteriously without revealing any information.

I have no idea where the heck Kendra is taking me, but I trust the protagonist. I basically know everything about her because of the book. Kendra is not someone who would harm an innocent person.

I may have transmigrated in the villain's body, but I didn't do anything to Kendra that might make her hate me, and that's why I know she wouldn't harm me.

Not to mention that in the book, Kendra only retaliated to the original Nasrin by reporting the villain's crime on the royal court through Cliopatra.

Kendra never used violence against anyone in the book, and that's why I know that Kendra would not harm me. She is a good person through and through.