(69} Fight! Fight! Fight!

Comenzar desde el principio

"Don't worry. I will make sure we won't crash," Rhett said and I narrowed my eyes, hoping that he meant it.    

~~~~

We drove to Eden and Cade's school first, and when we got there, I turned around in the passenger seat and saw Eden biting his lips.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Eden looked at me and then his school. "What if people start calling us names? How can I tell my friends that I'm dating my bully?"

"I was a bully," Cade corrected him.

"Yeah, that. What if they're homophobes like Rachael?" I never thought about that...

"You shouldn't care what other people think about you. At least you have Cade with you," I said. Eden looked at Cade and Cade grabbed his hand.

"Don't worry. I got your back. I'll kick anyone's ass if they hurt you." Eden cracked a smile and said bye to us before he got of Rhett's car. I watched as they walked into school together. Few kids stopped what they were doing and watched them walking in school together. I knew it shocked them that they were together but what really shocked them was that they were walking together holding each other hands.

"Now to our school," I said and Rhett drove off. We have our own demons to fight, I thought.    

~~~~

When we parked into the parking lot near our school, Rhett took off his seat belt and was about to get out when I grabbed his arm.

"What if Eden's right?" I asked and could hear my voice shaking.

He grabbed my chin so I could meet his eyes. "Like Cade said. I'll kick anyone's ass if they hurt you," he said and squeezed my hand. I sighed and looked at the window. I needed to stay calm and not to give a damn about anyone's thoughts. I took off my seat belt and got out of the car. I slammed the door behind me and I heard the other car door slammed.

Rhett walked next to me and we stared at the thing we called school. We looked at each other and Rhett grabbed my hand. He smiled when I tightened my hold, and we walked past people. They stopped talking to their friends and watched us walking together. I looked around and saw shocked and confused faces.

I looked down to my feet, trying to hide from their questioning faces. We finally got inside the school and I pulled Rhett towards my locker. I wanted to hide my face in my locker until I die. The stares were making me uncomfortable.

"Why won't they stop staring?" I whispered to Rhett.

"Because we're a cute couple," he whispered, and I chuckled and tried to put my stuff as quick as possible. I felt Rhett disappear and then someone was slammed on the locker next to me. I jumped and saw Rhett's face in pain. He was struggling with someone. I was going to scream at the person who was hurting Rhett when I saw who it was.

"What the hell is your problem, man? Get off of me!" Rhett screamed and Crevan pushed him hard.

"What the hell is your problem, man? You don't hit a girl!" And then Crevan kneed him the stomach and threw him on the floor. A circle started to form around us and people were cheering or whispering to each other. They had their phones out and Crevan and Rhett were still fighting. I had to do something. I couldn't stand around doing nothing and watching two boys that I like fight. Wait what?  

That was not the time for my mind to wonder! I got behind Rhett and was going to scream when I saw a fist heading towards me. BAM! I heard nothing. I was staring at the floor with my hand on my cheek. A pounding automatically came. I looked at Rhett and Crevan and their eyes were wide. I was breathing heavily, I heard my mom's screaming for me, and hands on my arm.

"Zayden, I-I'm so sorry." I looked up and saw blue and brown eyes. I roughly pulled my arm away from his hands and glared at him. I looked behind him and saw Rhett breathing hard with sorrow eyes.

"Thanks for protecting me," I said with gritted teeth, turned around, and walked away.  

"Zayden!"

"Zayden, come back!"

"Zayden I'm sorry!" The people who were watching the fight made a path for me. They knew I was pissed off. They knew something was up with Rhett and me. They knew me and Rhett were fags. Rachael was right. We are fags and fairies.

"I love you!" Someone screamed, and I stopped dead in my track. I turned around slowly to see Crevan and Rhett still breathing heavily with their arms up. What did they say? Maybe I wasn't hearing right. But the faces of the people who watched the fight were shocked as I was.

They heard it, too.  I heard something dropped almost breaking the silence from the hallway. I instantly turned back around and what made my day more horrible was seeing Alexandria's face. Her eyes were popped out, her face was pale as a ghost, and on the floor was a red heart shaped box.

"W-w-what did you say to him?" She asked and I touched my pounding cheek. I looked down at my Converse and wished I was back at home with my dad and Eden.