{33} Broken

"What happened yesterday? I heard a crash," Eden asked at the breakfast table the next morning, I didn't reply for a moment so he took a bite from his toast and waited for my answer.  

Normally Eden would be eat his cereal or watch TV at breakfast time, but lately he has been talking to me and every day we were getting closer. I wasn't sure if he has noticed that, too, but I was sure that someday he will. 

I sighed and tried to take a bite from my toast but I wasn't hungry. I didn't feel like eating at all since the image of Alexandrina sitting on Crevan lap has been printed in my mind. Even when I slept the night before, I dreamt of them together, laughing and having fun while she was all the time in his lap. Stupid girl...

The worst part was that I didn't know if I should tell Rhett that Alexandrina was cheating on him or not. All what I was really thinking about was her and Crevan lap, cuddling. Cuddling. That was the first dream I had about Crevan, and I wished I never dream about him ever again. 

I would usually wear dark clothes, like black and grey, but that day I was wearing a light blue shirt with a dark blue hoodie and black jeans with my dirty converse. I remembered letting Eden to draw on my sneakers because he was still a little kid and I've never cleaned them after that day. His eyes would light up whenever I wore them and he would always try to hide his smile, but I would always catch him. 

Eden eyed me and I knew he was about to comment about my face and the clothes I was wearing. "Zayden, What the hell are you wearing?" He asked and snorted. 

I glared at him and said as I raised my eyebrows, "Laugh, I dare you." 

He smirked and then busted out laughing. He slipped out of his chair and clutched his stomach like it was hilarious. I wanted to get mad but I haven't seen him laughing that much in so long, and for some reason it made me happy to see him having fun like that. 

I frowned and sighed when my mom walked into the kitchen. She looked at Eden and smiled. "What is he laughing about?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Beats me." 

She chuckled and grabbed the toast which I wasn't going to eat. "Where's your father?" She asked.

Oh great. She had to ask about him when I finally wasn't thinking about him, like if I didn't have enough to make my mind busy. I guessed that he hasn't come home the last night, and at that point, I didn't give a care about if he came home or not. He has been out of our lives already, and if he abandoned us it wasn't going to be so bad. 

I was going to say something when I heard the door opened and slammed shut. Eden stopped laughing and sat on his chair. My dad walked into the kitchen and he looked at me then Eden. 

He looked like shit; his hair was messy, and he had bags under his eyes, he smelled like beer, and his clothes were wrinkled. 

"Dad, what the hell happened to you?" Eden asked concerned. He shouldn't sound concerned when our dad has abandoned us for the past three days and never bothered to call us to check if we were even alive. 

"Rachael dumped me," he whispered but we heard him clearly. For some reason, I was surprised and Eden seemed to be surprised, too. 

I thought my dad would say that he has dumped Rachael, not that he got dumped. Even though I was mad at him for not calling us and cheating on my mother, what bothered me more was that my mother was so calm about that entire situation. But still, I loved him, he was my father and I've known him my whole life, I felt bad for him. 

"Why?" Eden asked, still surprised by this. He shook his head and walked towards Eden, ruffled his hair and glanced at me. I felt my heart clenched and I didn't want my dad to ever look like that ever again. He was broken.