{22} Dinner Time Goes Wrong

"Zayden!" Dad screams. I roll my eyes and sit next to Eden.

"Apologize," dad said with grit teeth.

I look at the woman and scoff. "I rather be dead than apologize to her," I said picking up my fork. I was about to put it in my mouth when someone slaps my hand. The fork drops on the floor and Eden gasps.

"I said apologize," my dad repeats. He looks so pissed that veins were popping out of his neck. His eyes were furious and it looks like fire was in them. I never have seen him mad before. Well when we were in the accident and a few days later, he would get mad at everything. He would try to hit Eden because Eden did things that he shouldn't have like breaking vases, lamps, glass cups, and other things but he was 11.

Then I call the doctor and told him my dad was getting mad at little things. We went ot the doctor and the doctor asked if we've been in accident or someone died.

I told him we've been in an accident and he nod. He gave my dad pills so he wouldn't get mad at us much. Then weeks went and my dad would forget me and Eden. We took him to the doctor again and he gave my dad pills so he won't forget us. I started to get afraid or confused why he changed suddenly.

 I know about the accident it but I got over it quickly. I was 13 so I used to shrug things off and went back to normal. Well tried to, then Eden changed. I glare at him and push my plate away.

"I'm not hungry anymore," I said and get up. I was going leave the kitchen when someone grab my shoulder roughly. They turn me around and I stare into grey angry eyes.

"You are not going upstairs until you apologize to Rachael," my dad command.

I shrug off his hand on my shoulder and I was getting really tired. Tired that I had to listen to whatever my dad command me to.

"No," I whisper.

He raises an eyebrow. "What?"

"I said no. I don't have to apologize to her. She isn't my mom. I don't like her at all. I want her out!" I roar. I hear a chair move and the woman appears.

"I think I should go," she said putting on her coat. She was waiting for my dad to say something but he didn't say anything. She sighs and opens the door and leaves. My dad stare at me in the eyes and it look like he was searching something. He closes his eyes and shakes his head. He reopens his eyes and walks upstairs without saying anything to me. I hear another chair move and Eden comes out of the kitchen.

"You done it now," he said frowning.

"I didn't do anything. I just told him the truth," I inform him.

"Telling someone how you feel hurts, Zayden. You can't tell everyone how you feel because it hurts them and you."

He walks upstairs and I stand there thinking. Should have I told my dad I feel about the woman? The look on my dad face pains me because he look lost and he was searching for something in me. What was he searching for? I sigh and walk into the kitchen.

I sit down on the same chair I sat with Eden and pull my plate towards me. I look at it and it has chicken, broccoli, and my favorite rice and beans. Before I put the rice and beans in my mouth, I realize that the woman couldn't cook because Eden told me that. Would my dad make dinner for us?