"How's your day?" Bella asked.

New stayed his gaze at his fingers playing with each other on the counter. He sigh and bit his lips before answering her.

"I'm doing great."

New doesn't know how happy Bella on every word that comes out of his mouth. Unlike before, he didn't bother responding to her when she asked something.

"I'm glad. Here, have this." And placed the bowl of dish she cooked.

New ate her dish quietly. While Bella is staring at him like there is no tomorrow. She just can't believe this is happening. Though, younger seems to avoid her gaze. When he talks to her, he either looked away or looked at his feet. New caught his attention on Bella's phone. Someone is calling her, she definitely can't hear it since she puts it in silent mode. Bella noticed New's gaze on her cell phone. She quickly grabbed it and turned it off.

"Boyfriend?" New asked.

Bella shook her head. "No. A friend."

New smirked secretly. There is no way that's friend, he can sense it. Also, he doesn't get it why she is hiding it from him. It's not like he cares anyway.

"Uhm, I have to go somewhere," Bella said. He just noticed that Bella is wearing a purple cropped top and jeans. "Do you want something I can bring later? Midnight snack... Alcohol?"

New's jaw hardens. They both know that their mom hates it when New drinks. Now he is doubting if she is doing this to spoil him or just to get him in trouble. He sigh again and stopped himself from questioning his sister's intention.

"Chocolate drink." He replied.

Bella nodded. "Chocolate drink it is. I'm going, bye." Then she left.

After he ate his food, he washed the dishes and have a hot bath. This place is perfect he admitted it. It's not too big and not too small. It has a great interior and a nice view. If only there is also nice people here, he would definitely spend his most of time here. After taking a hot bath, he is going back and forth texting Tay about the ticket Namtan gave her. He doesn't know how to ask Tay to go with him.

"What if he thinks I'm asking him for a date? Wait, that's the goal. Ugh! I can't do this!" New threw his phone on his bed and continue to dry his hair. He dried his hair, put on his pajamas, do his skincare routine but he still can't bring himself to call or text Tay and asked him. He gave up and decided to grab a can of beer.

"This is a way to have courage." He said to himself.

He is walking on his way home when he sees a familiar figure of a man and woman in front of the building. Both of them are arguing over something until the woman went inside and the man follows. New shrugged and continue drinking his can of beer. He went inside the building and found out that the elevator is out of service. He was forced to use the stairs to get to their apartment but before he could reach their floor, he heard someone arguing with each other. He stopped himself from climbing. He realized it was his mom's voice.

"I said no! You left him, right?!"

"Stop twisting the truth and let me get my son!"

"You don't have a son! The day you left me, I also killed him!"

"Don't you dare say that, woman!" The man shouted back and massage his temple. "Just give New to me."

New accidentally dropped the beer on his hand which made the two stop arguing. He immediately opened the door below their floor to hide. When the man checked, no one was there only a beer slipped on the floor.