𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

"DINNER'S READY!" i heard callie yell from the kitchen, brooke and i both go up off of the couch in the living room and made our way to the kitchen where the food was.

the food smelt amazing,  i'd don't what callie had prepared but i figured it would be something delicious based on the smell.

noah,  hailee and callie picked up all the food that was left on the kitchen island and brought it over to the table next to the next kitchen.

we all sat down,  callie at the head of the table,  brooke and noah sitting on each side of her,  hailee sitting next to noah with stanley and me next to brooke.

we all started to dig into our food, there was plenty to choose from, lasagna, homemade pizza, pasta, chicken, ect.

i shove some lasagna in my mouth, mindful that there are other people here too and i should show some respect. i wipe my mouth after the food enters, and instantly groan.

i cover my mouth with my hand and try to finish my mouthful, "sorry, wow, this is just incredible. you made all of this yourself?" i ask callie after i've finished my mouthful.

she smiled sweetly and looks over to noah, "not just me, hailee is chef, she is amazing with food, you should've seen her in the kitchen." callie explains.

so not noah, hailee.

"and we could've been eating a lot sooner if this asshole helped." hailee laughed a bit nudging noah, i just look at her, not quite understanding how she isn't realising yet.

after a few more seconds she gasps loudly, she covers her hand over her mouth and her eyes are so big i don't know how they're not popping out of her head.

she takes her hand off of her mouth and looks down, "shit." she mumbles. she then gasps again and covers her mouth. everyone just laughs.

"you're not supposed to swear around children, it's a bad habit." noah says, he looks over to stan and he's just minding his own business playing with his food.

"and that's why i am not going to have children." brooke then says from beside me. i don't know what but a part of me sank. i was confused.

"you don't want children?" i slightly laugh off the awkwardness and confusion in my voice at the end. i furrow my eyebrows and shake my head a bit.

by now i am fully turned towards her with my knife and fork on the plate, giving her my full attention. she looks at me like i just made a mistake. she doesnt turn towards me like i am, her head is just turned towards me.

she stiffs a laugh. "i never said that."  she turns her head back and takes another bite.  i was about to say something until she spoke again. " i'm just saying that even if i did want to have children, i'm not going to.  no matter how much i want one."

she isn't looking at me. "so you don't want any children." i state.

"no i-," she takes a deep breathe and closes her eyes, she turns her head and lock her eyes with mine. she then starts to fucking smile. "you're so fucking delusional." brooke finishes her sentence. she shakes her head then continues eating.

what? i could see Hailee covering Stans ears.

"okay." is all i say, i turn back to my food, "it's getting cold, should probably finish eating." i state, referring to my food. everyone else at the table was speechless, they were just watching us have our own conversation.

after around 10 or so minutes of peace and quiet, callie breaks the silence, "sunset looks pretty tonight." noah and hailee looks towards callie indicating for her to be quite as it will become even more awkward.