Chapter 20: Hallucinations

: ̗̀➛𝚂𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝙸'𝚖 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢? 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 ̗̀➛

     -𝕄𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕫

TW: abuse, drugs, psychosis, hallucinations, mentions of PTSD

The room was freezing, almost like the Antarctic. Just... colder. I opened my eyes and realized I was lying on Mrs Hudson's sofa wrapped in two blankets with a hot water bottle. I groaned and tried to get up, but the cold hit me so hard I nearly fell over from the shock, holding onto the table so that I wouldn't. Mrs Hudson came rushing in and sighed when she saw me struggling to stand, grasping the edge of the table like my life depended on it. 

"You've got a fever, when Sherlock brought you in you looked like a corpse!" 

"How long have I been out for?"

"Just the night, dear. I'll get you some tea and soup, you lay back down and rest." 

I flopped back onto the sofa and pulled the blankets back on me, crawling into a ball. Mrs Hudson came back a few seconds later with a steaming hot cup of tea and a bowl of soup. 

"There's also ice cream in the fridge if you want some!"

"Thank you, I think I just need to rest for now..." I said. She nodded and walked out as Regina walked into the room.

"The sleeping beauty awakes, you had me thinking you were dead." She teased.

"Wouldn't be the first time." I responded and we both smiled. 

"No genuinely though, you came in more pale than Sherlock when he has to socialise with people!" We both laughed and I started sipping at the tea.

"I thought you were meant to be at work, don't you have a load of premieres to go to?"

"I finished those, I just need to wait for a new project now. Until then, I get to rest and watch John and Mary get married without being stressed." 

"They're getting married?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, after Sherlock blew up John's first chance John proposed to Mary at a cafe two days ago. They're sorting out the wedding later, they want to get it over and done with as soon as possible." 

"Huh... where's Sherlock and Ezra?" 

"Sherlock's currently with Lestrade, and Ezra's gone out to get milk. I was going to go, but judging by your case of hypothermia, you need someone to stay with you."

"No, you go have fun, go on a date with Ezra or something! I'll be fine!" I insisted. Regina was about to protest but I got up and shuffled her towards the front door.

"Are you sure Y/n? I don't want to leave you on your own-"

"I'll be fine, go out and enjoy your life." I said before shutting the door. I leaned against the door and sighed, before stumbling back into the living room. I shut the door and turned around to walk back to the sofa.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed. There, standing in front of Sherlock's violin book stand, was a face I hadn't seen over in two years. A face which I hoped would fade out of my memories over time. The dead, hellish-looking corpse of Eliza Krugerstag. I stepped forward and tried to hit her, but just fell forward onto the floor. When I looked back up, she was gone.

I got up and took a few deep breathes to stabilise myself again. Mrs Hudson came rushing through the door, looking startled at my current state. I mean, if I were her in that moment, I'd be confused too.