Chapter 3: Alias

(A/N image from @elfithy on Pinterest) 

A loud bang woke me up the next morning. A very, very loud bang. Jumping out of bed, I rushed to put a dressing gown on and hurried downstairs. Sherlock was standing in the middle of the living room, a gun in his hand and a hole in the wall. John rushed down behind me and sighed in annoyance when he saw what was going on.

"Really Sherlock, you can't keep shooting the wall when you're angry. Mrs Hudson is going to kill you one day!" 

"This is a regular thing?" I stammered, quite shocked and dazed from being woken up so suddenly. John nodded and Sherlock went to the sofa, which he jumped straight onto and sulked, his blue dressing gown hanging off the side. 

I decided that I would make myself useful and I made three cups of tea with three slices of buttered toast for breakfast. 

"I made breakfast."

"Thank you." John said, sitting down at the table and starting to eat. Sherlock on the other hand, stayed in exactly the same position on the sofa.

"I don't eat breakfast."

John gave me another look. It was obvious that I would have to get used to Sherlock's strange antics. 

"Well, if you don't want it then Mrs Hudson can have it when she wakes up."

I ate breakfast in silence. By the time I had finished, Sherlock had still not moved from his spot on the sofa. I went upstairs to get changed and do my hair. Once I came back downstairs, Sherlock was dressed and eating the slice of toast that was left whilst reading a newspaper.

"I thought you said you didn't eat breakfast."

"No, I don't. Has anyone every told you that you make a brilliant cup of tea?" 

I raised an eyebrow at him, unimpressed. Yesterday I was trying to kill this man and now he's complimenting my tea.

this is ridiculous.

"Are you going to make me continue to stand here in silence or are you going to attempt to make some sort of conversation with me?" I groaned in annoyance. Sherlock continued to eat his toast, his chewing noises becoming increasing loud. Frustrated, I was about to storm out of the room when Sherlock spoke.

"We're going to go to someone who can help you with finding the Curators." 

"And why on earth would we need that?" I questioned. 

"Because you can't go walking around the place using your real name."

"So you mean you're going to someone who can create an alias for me?"

"No, we're going to someone who can wipe all trace of you off government databases. It will be like you never existed in the first place, then we can work out a new identity for you." He said, putting his coat on and walking out the door. I took a second to process what he said before running after him.

*****

"I see you've finally gotten yourself a girlfriend, Sherlock."

"Shut up Mycroft, I'm not here to deal with your childish bickering today."

The two men in front of me glared at each other. Meanwhile, I stood in the middle, watching them. Mycroft turned to look at me.

"And you are?"

"Y/n y/l/n."

"Now, brother mine, what exactly are you doing here at half nine in the morning?"

"You owe me a favour, Mycroft."