Chapter Forty-Nine: The Interview: Taehyung

Start from the beginning

Looking down at my phone and not paying attention to where I was going was not a good idea. I walked right into somebody and stumbled backwards.

"Woah..." a deep voice said as long fingers curled around my arms to steady me. "Oh. Hi."

I looked up into the deep brown eyes of none other than my garden buddy, Kim Taehyung.

"Hi." I quietly said to him.

"Kinda weird running into you when I'm wearing actual clothes and not just pajama pants with ramyeon packages all over them," he told me, blushing a little.

"Yeah...the Stitch PJs that I was wearing this morning were not my finest hour," I reply, blushing right back.

"Nah. I thought that they were cute," He told me. "Are you a big Lilo and Stitch fan?"

"Not a big fan," I say with a shrug. "I'm more a fan of all things space related. And I will buy anything with either stars or a galaxy print on it."

"Ohhh..." he said, nodding his head. "I see."

"Are you feeling as awkward as I am right now?" I ask him.

"You mean because we keep waking up outside together?" He questions. "Or because we got drunk and slept together?"

"Yes."

He laughs softly and I can't help but join in.

"We should probably talk about it, huh?" he asks.

"Yeah, but they're going to call us in for our interviews any time now."

He shrugs at me again. "Not if they don't know that we're here...?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking at him. To quote Rachel from Friends...he really is so pretty that I want to cry.

Tae looked up and down the hallway, then grabbed my hand and pulled me down a little way and into a linen closet. It was empty because there were no linens needed in this condo. We were in complete darkness, on e he shut the door.

"Tae?" I questioned.

He reached over his head and tugged a cord, bathing us both in a soft light from the bulb over our heads.

"Now they don't know that we're here," he tells me as he looks down at me. A weird look crosses his handsome face. Kind of like he's not sure what to do now.

I watch him. The closet is small and we're standing close together. He smells like expensive cologne and something else that I can only assume is just him. Just Tae. The smells mix together nicely as they come off his skin, making me inhale a bit deeper than normal.

Tae chuckles softly. "Did you just smell me, Kit?"

I blushed and tried to back away. I couldn't go far, but managed to put a little space between us as I pressed my back into the shelves behind me.

"Sorry, I just...you smell good. I couldn't help it."

"Did I say that I minded it?" He asks, cocking his head to the side and making his bangs fall over his forehead. "I mean...we slept together. I think it's okay if you smell me, Kit."

I covered my face with my hands as I answered him. "I know we did. But then we started sleepwalking to the same place and it's just...it's awkward, Tae."

He reached up and pulled my hands away from my face. "It doesn't have to be awkward, Noona."

I groaned and pulled my hands out of his. "God. Don't call me that, Taehyung. You already know what it does to me."