Ch 48: Emperor's Substitute

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" Athanasia looked at him annoyed rolling her eyes.

"Where should we base on then?"

"Can't just the two of you be the emperor's substitute?" He asked. "In that way everything will be solved."

"No."

"Hey..how about this." Lucas said as he explained which impressed the two.

"That's a great idea!"

In the end they have decided for Athanasia to be the emperor's substitute while Ambrosia will be her assistant.

"You're princess after all, you can do whatever you can." He shrugged.

***

Today is the day they will be going. "You said it's going to be quick right?" Ambrosia asked nervous.

"Yeah? You look more nervous than your sister." He smirked. "Anyways, I'll stay here, someone should watch over the emperor after all."

"Okay, thank you, Lucas.' Athanasia let out a shakey breathe nervous as well.

"What if someone interrupt me, while I'm talking?" Athanasia asked, Lucas tsk looking at her.

"Both of you are a princess, you can scold them or anything." He rolled his eyes. "You can even kill them as you please." He smirked with his crimson eyes glowing.

"Whatever we're going!" Athanasia shook her head. "Rosia, let's go." She said dragging her wrist.

"Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia and Princess Ambrosia De Alger Obelia has arrived." He announced.

"Greetings to the first and second star of obelia, May the brilliant rays of the sun forever shine down upon you."

"You may be seated." The two sat down as Athanasia sighed then smiled.

"Thank you all for coming here on such short notice." She said. "We have called you all her because we have something we wished to discuss with you."

"I'm sure you are all aware at this, but his majesty has worked tirelessly in order to better the lives of obelia and its people."

"However, this has caused his majesty's mind and body to grow weary, therefore, he is planning on taking a short reprieve from all national duties." She looked at them then continued. "Therefore, In according with ithe regulations regarding imperial authority by proxyi."

"I will take over a few of his majesty's burden in order to ease his mind with the help of her highness, Ambrosia De Alger Obelia."

"As such, in order to become the emperor's proxy, I request your approval." The servant then started giving them a piece of paper with a pen. "I understand tha-"

"Excuse me." A voice interrupted, Ambrosia quickly look at her sister worriedly then at the man who interrupted her.

"Recently I've heard a strange rumors." Ambrosia clicked her tongue in annoyance. "I-"

"I don't believe, her highness gave you a permission to speak." Ambrosia cut off his nonsense as she looked at him in annoyance.

The man then stared at her in shock. "To dare to interrupt a member of the imperial family is a disrespectful behavior."

"If you would like to say something pertinent to this conference, we expect you to raise your hand and formally ask for permission." Ambrosia smiled with her jeweled eyes glowing.

"I won't tolerate this kind of reckless actions next time." Athanasia looked at her and smiled mouthing a 'thank you.'

"I was out of line, please forgive me." He said with a hint of anger as he just got humiliated infront of everyone.

"Excuse me but.."

"Why is it that we cannot see his majesty directly?" He asked, Ambrosia then Athanasia looked at him annoyed. "Are the rumors really true that his majesty isn't physically well?"

"As you already know, His majesty does not like complicated procedures." Athanasia finally spoke. "For the sake of allowing his majesty to rest properly without being disturbed, We have made the decision to call this meeting."

Athanasia then looked at her sister letting her to continue. "It is a trivial matter, further more we have already started the meeting, infact, we're in the middle of it." Says by Rosia while Athanasia concurred by nodding.

"Please refrain from repeating any questions." Athanasia let out a sigh. "Do you still have any questions duke Alpheus?"

"Excuse me..but.." He paused for a moment looking at the princess. "As his majesty's vassal, I'd like to know more about his condition."

"If he has been stricken by any illness, I would like to know what it is."

"As I have stated, His majesty has not been taking care of his body while ruling this nation. He has been overcome with fatigue as a result." Athanasia answered clearly annoyed.

"As you all know I could have fulfilled my duties as the proxy without calling this meeting." She added. "We arranged this meeting because we wanted to show respect to the head of noble houses."

"I'm finding it difficult to understand why you are continuing to ask the same questions over and over again."

"As a loyal subjects of the imperial family." He mischievously smiled at them. "There is something I must verify."

"I heard something."

"I heard that the reason his majesty is so unwell that he cannot attend his meeting is because he performed black magic." The nobles gasped dramatically hearing Alpheus's statement.

"Duke Alpheus." Felix finally spoke. "I never expected your imagination to be so wild."

"Can you tell me why you have made such a statement?" Ambrosia asked furrowing her eyebrows keeping her cool.

"If you make such ridiculous claims, without any evidence, the princesses will be the one who must take responsibilities." Says by Felix, defending the emperor.

"As his majesty's proxy." Athanasia looked at him with her jeweled eyes glowing, such a spitting image of her father. "I cannot easily look over what you have just said, duke."

"Slandering the imperial family is considered a serious offense." Ambrosia said. "I'm sure you're already aware of the penalty for those who show disrespect to the imperial family."

"We will investigate the origins of that rumor, and the culprit will be heavily punished." Athanasia added. "Because the original intent of this meeting has been lost, this meeting will now-"

"Pft.."

"Heh."

"Heheh."

"Pft." The man who's wearing a hood who's standing behind Alpheus snickered catching everyone's attention. "Pffft.."

"How rude of you to end this meeting prematurely." One of the nobles said.

The man in the hood snickered more as he started removing his hood. "Oh, excuse me.."

"My clever nieces was so commendable that I couldn't help it."