Ch 20: Advance Gift

"That's it! I can no longer dance with this paper!" Athanasia complained pouting.

"Then don't, it's not like it's my problem if you made a mistake in your debutante." He bluntly answered.

"That reminds me.." Lucas looked at the person beside her which is Ambrosia speaking. "I heard from the maids in this palace that Ijekiel Alpheus is back."

"Ah? Mr. White's junior?" Lucas asked. Ambrosia nodded looking at Athanasia.

"You can practice with him if you want." Ambrosia recommended with a smile. "Still tho, He's not the same height as papa."

"Oh? I wonder how he's doing." Athanasia wondered looking above the ceiling.

"Are you interested in him?" Lucas asked humming. "If you're that curious, why don't you go see him for yourself?"

"Huh?" She replied looking at him.

"You should have said so, it's not a problem for me." He smirked snapping his fingers.

And just in one blink Athanasia had already disappear. "I want to see how he looks like by now." Ambrosia said giving Lucas a side glare hoping he would also teleport her like he did to Athanasia.

"Why? I'm here, you can look at me all day, if you want." He smirked leaning closer to her.

She shoved his face off rolling her eyes, you still can notice a red tint in her cheeks. "I'm tired seeing your face."

"Ouch." Lucas acted like an arrow has hit his heart. "Let them have their moment, you'll just look like a third wheel there if you're gonna follow them."

"You're right but I'm bored." She pouted crossing her arms leaning her back on the wall while sitting on the floor.

"Do you want to do something fun then?" He asked.

"Ofcourse." He smirked and stood up from the floor extending his right hand.

Ambrosia looked at him for a second and and took his hand as their hands met each other's.

With that they had disappear into thin air as the room fell silent.

"Open your eyes, it's not like something bad happened to you, it was just a magic called teleportation." He scoffed flicking her forehead.

She opened her eyes looking at him as she huffed. "I'm worried I might fall from above again."

"That was just a mistake."

"A mistake that almost killed me!" She exclaimed wiping her fake tears away.

"You won't die as long as you're beside me." He mumbled. He then rolled his eyes looking at her. "Won't you look around?"

Ambrosia looked at him then at the view infront of her. "It's..night time?"

"Yeah, every empire has its own time. I'm sure you've already learned it despite of you always reading books." Ambrosia nodded admiring every single thing she sees.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Lesea empire, their currently celebrating their festival here, you said you were bored so I brought you here." Ambrosia made an 'O' face with her eyes sparkling.

"Considering that it's night time here, this empire must be very far away from obelian." She said tapping her fingers on her chin.

"Yeah, now don't calculate everything and have fun." He scoffed. "Does everything you see needs to be related in your studies?"

"No."

"Let's go." He dragged her to God knows where with a smirk on his face.

It must be a dream hanging out with an amazing magician like him while spoiling her.

"Lucas, look! It's cute!" She pointed at the hairpin she saw, it's a simple hairpin yet it's so pretty to look at.

Full of pearls were attached to it. "Do you want it?" Lucas asked.

"No, I don't have any money with m-"

"We'll buy this hairpin." Lucas cut her off by talking to the seller completely ignoring her. "Here." He handed her the hairpin while she took it with a smile.

"Thank you, you must be rich rich?" Lucas smirked at her while Ambrosia was smiling widely.

"Ofcourse."

"Lucas, I'm hungry let's eat." Ambrosia sheepishly smiled at him holding her stomach.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Really? Your treat?" Lucas nodded rolling his eyes.

"As if you have your money with you."

"Let's go!" Ambrosia dragged her holding his hand. Lucas looked at their hands just to see them holding each other's hand.

He smiled at her looking at her smiling. It's been so long since he last felt that butterflies in his stomach.

It's been so long since he last heard her calling his name.

It's been so long since he saw her smile and now he's witnessing it with his own two eyes.

"Ah, I'm so full." Ambrosia smiled brightly looking at the finished plate.
"Lucas, what do you wanna do?" Ambrosia looked at him just to see Lucas was already looking at her.

He shrugged his shoulder still looking at her with glimpse on his eyes. "I don't kno- I have an idea, let's go." He stood up from his sit taking her hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked looking at Lucas who's smiling.

"This is my advance gift for you." He took her to a garden, it was a beautiful garden, you can see the moon clearly. "Hold my hand."

"Why?"

"Just hold it." Ambrosia held his hand, He locked her hand using his while smiling. "Now, pretend that you're going upstairs."

Ambrosia closed her eyes and walk like she's going upstairs. "You can open your eyes, you know, there's nothing to be afraid of when you're with me."

Ambrosia opened her eyes as she widened her eyes in shock. "W-we're walking on the air!!"

"But you told me tha-"

"It was obviously a lie, idiot." He chuckled looking at her happy face. "Move your feet like you're walking on the ground."

"We're really walking on the air!? Or is it just a hallucinations?" She asked excitedly.

"Nothing is impossible when you're with me." Lucas proudly said.

"Then I'll stick with you from now on then?" She jokingly said still walking on the air as the street lights peeked through them.

Lucas didn't answer and only focused on her happy face.

How he wished this would last forever. Starting from now on he swore upon his name he would never let her go even if it means taking his own life.

He would do anything for her to be happy.

***

"Ah! That was tiring." After leaving the Lesea empire the first thing they did was sit on the couch. "My feet feels sore!"

He chuckled snapping his fingers. "Oh? It's gone? Did you do it?"

"And if I say, I did? Will I get a reward?" He teased.

"Do you want a reward?" She asked.

"Yes."

"You said earlier that everything you did was my advance gift so no reward needed for that." She pointed out. "Also thank you for today." She smiled brightly at him.

"I wonder where Athanasia is?" Ambrosia leaned her back on the sofa wondering.

"Probably still with her lovey dovey." Lucas bluntly answered.

"Can you teleport her here? But make sure to not do the same thing you did to me yeste-"

Snap!