Ch 47: Assassination Attempt

"My lady." A voice called catching Jennette's gaze. "Are you heading to the palace?"

"Ah, yes." She smiled.

"How is the emperor doing?" He asked confusing the brunette.

"He's doing fine..why?" The man looked down and hummed.

"Was princess Ambrosia with his majesty, yesterday?" He again asked.

"Yes, why? All four of us we're happily chatting." She smiled which made the tall man confused.

"Ah, I see.." He looked down for a second then tilted his head smiling at her which made the brunette confused at his sudden weird behavior. "That bracelet it looks familiar."

Jennette looked at him then at the bracelet she's wearing. "Would you like to take a look at it?" She smiled.

"My, sure." He smiled touching the bracelet from her wrist. "It looks so lovely like you milady." He smiled while Jennette blushed then smiled.

"Thank you.."

"I'll get going now, bye!" She smiled waving her hand as she bid her goodbye.

The man looked at her smiling mischievously as he waved his hand back. "Safe travels, my lady."

***

"The weather is lovely, today." Ambrosia smiled taking a sip of her lippe tea.

"You always say that." Claude responded boringly.

"Because, it is!" She retorted. He only hummed as he took his cup placing it on his mouth.

Athanasia chuckled looking at them who's arguing, she then looked at Jennette who's looking at them with admiration.

"Jennette, how have you been?" Athanasia asked while Ambrosia looked at her waiting for her answer.

"I have been doing well, princess." She smiled. "What about you, princesses?"

"We're actually doing great." Athy answered smiling at her. Her smile is beautiful as always.

"Hm! I've been trying to learn magic, it's kinda hard..and complicated to understand." She smiled sheepishly recalling a memory where Lucas was teaching her in a complicated way.

"Ah, I'm sure you'll master it soon, princess!" Jennette smiled assuring her with a cheerful look.

"Thank you, Je-"

"Daddy!!" Athanasia shouted catching the two's attention as they widened their eyes seeing the emperor with blood in his mouth.

"Papa!!"

"Your majesty!"

***

"Princess, It seems that his majesty has stabilized, so please go and rest." Lily said worriedly, one day has passed yet the emperor still hasn't open his eyes.

Athanasia fell asleep a while ago at the sofa in his room. "I want to stay here."

"I'll let you know as soon as his majesty wakes up." Said by Felix with a soft smile. "You should get some sleep."

Ambrosia was about to speak not until someone knocked on the door catching their attention.

The door creaked open revealing the wizard with his blank expression. "Sir Lucas." Lily greeted.

"Princess, I'll escort you to your room." He walked towards her looking at her. "Let's go princess."

"I have something to say so follow me, go and wake your sister up." Lucas spoke in her mind as she looked at him with a confused face.

Afterwards, Ambrosia woke Athanasia up as she found herself back on the emerald palace.

"They said they weren't any traces of poison or magic, so I wonder what happened." Ambrosia uttered fidgeting her fingers.

"There's no way his condition would just suddenly worsen like that." Lucas clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Something must have interfered"

"But the palace magician said there weren't any traces." Athanasia pointed out.

"That's because they're stupid." He scoffed. "There's still a faint of magical wavelength that was left behind."

"Did someone do it on purpose?" Athanasia asked while Ambrosia was silently listening to them.

"An assassination attempt, it does happen quite often once you become an emperor." He said.

"Did you found out who it was?" Athanasia asked with hope in her voice.

"I'm not sure yet but I think it's the same jerk that entered my tower." He said in annoyance recalling how messy his tower was.

"Your tower?"

"That's another story, they came a shattered all my magical artifacts and sucked out all the magic."

"I was here taking care of your father so I was neglecting it a bit." He scoffed once again, he swore he would kill whoever did it. "I don't know what's their motive but..it might have to do you with your magic explosion."

"Our magic explosion?" Ambrosia asked mumbling.

"Don't worry."

"I'll protect him."

"Now shoo and sleep."

"I just wok-" before Athanasia could end her sentence she disappeared right infront of them as Lucas teleported her to her room.

Ambrosia then stood up not until the warlock stopped her. "What are you doing? Your room is right there."

"You're going to the opposite direction."

"I'll go to papa, I nee-"

"I told you, I'll protect your dad." He flicked her forehead. "Go."

"No-"

"I-"

"Can.." and just like that she fell asleep on the sofa. Lucas snapped his fingers teleporting them to her room placing her in her bed.

He then snapped his finger once again changing her clothes into a night gown. "Goodnight."

"Hm." He hummed sitting on the chair playing with the princess 's hair. "Should I stay?"

...

He sighed heavily looking at her who's sleeping peacefully.

"How soft." He hummed a song as he continued playing with her hair.

"Staying for a little while doesn't sound bad."