Ch 08: Deja vu

"Thank you for inviting Athy to tea." Athanasia bowed down lifting her skirt up with a smile, as Ambrosia stepped in proudly who also bowed lifting her skirts up.

"Thank you for inviting Rosia to tea, as well." The emperor stared at them and instead of praising them he instead called his royal guard.

"Felix." As expected they received no response from the emperor as usual.

"Yes, Your majesty?"

"Good morning papa!"

It's currently 10am in the morning as Claude changed their tea time to the early in the morning a few months ago.

Which probably made Rosia and Athy pissed off that they need to wake up early just because of some tea time.

"Good morning, your majesty." Unlike her sister she instead addressed him with the usual name that the emperor was always hearing from the others.

Claude hummed looking at her a bit taken a back by the greet of his second daughter, on the other hand Felix had the same reaction as Claude.

Looks like Ambrosia really did well practicing her manners.

"Papa and Rosia was in my dream yesterday!" Athy being a life savior ended the awkwardness. "Athy and Rosia was with papa and Lily and Felix and we went to pick the stars and the moon and had fun!"

"That's a weird dream." Athy's smile didn't fade away however that doesn't mean she isn't bad mouthing the emperor in her mind.

If the emperor can only read her mind she would be executed in no time and might as well include her sister, Ambrosia.

Ambrosia was about to spoke not until a maid went into their table serving a tea which caught her attention.

"What is that?" Ambrosia asked curiously.

"Tea." He bluntly answered as he calmly took a sip.

'I hate tea.'

Ambrosia being a picky child she looked at it imagining how it taste

"Papa is that good?" Athanasia asked as if she wants to taste it. Claude looked at her and raised his one eye brow.

"Do you want to taste it?" Athanasia repeatedly nodded with her big doe eyes. He then turned to look at his second daughter with an expression that says 'what about you?'

"I don't drink tea." She huffed pouting looking away from the tea.

That shows how much she despise tea.

'I despise tea.'

He hummed and looked at Athanasia giving her a sign to drink it. "But your majesty, it might be too strong for the princess."

"Let her have it, if she wants it, I won't stop her." He said tapping his fingers on the table and probably is bored.

Athanasia grinned and took the cup with her tiny hands as she took a little sip. "Athy likes it too!"

"Rosia you should try it too! I promise it's good!!" Athy offered giving the cup of tea to her sister.

"But I hate te-" Athy shushed her placing the cup Infront of her face.

"It's good, I promise! You might like tea now once you taste it!!" Athy pleased with her puppy eyes which she knows that it will surely get her sister to try it.

Rosia let out a quiet sigh and took the cup of tea. "Fine." Before drinking she gulped looking at the tea but a half of her says to drink it as it smells nice.

She wonders if her mother smells like the tea.

Claude and Felix looking at her waiting for her to drink it and see if the tea is to her liking.

"Here goes nothing." She mumbled and placed the tea in her mouth taking a little little sip.

"Soo..how do you like it??" Athanasia asked curiously patiently waiting for her sister's answer.

"It taste.."

'surprisingly nice.'

"It taste okay." She wants to admit that she likes it and no longer hates tea but her pride won't let her do so.

She may hate tea however the tea she had drank just now will always be a exception for her.

"Right? It feels like flowers are blooming inside our mouth!" She praised which made the emperor and the royal guard widened their eyes.

"Indeed." Ambrosia had unconsciously said she then looked at everyone checking if anyone heard her but instead of seeing the emperor with her usual expression she instead saw a shock Claude.

'what's with the expression?'

"I see, both of the princesses have taken a liking to it." Felix stated smiling softly at them as he continue. "It's called lippe tea, His majesty enjoys it as well."

"And lady Diana also enjoyed it." He added making Ambrosia widened her eyes.

'Diana, if I'm correct that's me and Athy's mother.'

"It feels like flowers are blooming in my mouth." He repeated. "That's what she said." Which probably means Athanasia gave his majesty a deja vu.

"Really? Mommy said the same thing as Athy?" Felix sweat dropped but then nodded with a smile plastered on his face not noticing the emperor's expression.

"Lady Diana was the reason why his majesty started to enjoy lippe tea." He grinned remembering the time his majesty had first drank the tea. "Lippe tea's main ingredient, sanyu, only comes from siodonna."

"Ah, The lady and his majesty had tea in this very place toge-"

'your dead, you will be missed mister red man.'

"I do not have such memories." He finally spoke with his cold voice which made the princesses shiver, it was different than his usual cold voice.

This time, it was more colder. "You're surprisingly chatty today."

"You're being too loud, leave us." Felix who was carried away bowed and spoke.

"Blessings and Glory upon the obelian empire." And with that he left leaving the two princesses in the hands of their father who is now sweat dropping.

Poor princesses

"You both are too young for tea, it would be the best if you drank milk."

"Athy likes milk too!"

"I don't drink milk."

"You're a picky eater, aren't you?" Claude stared at Ambrosia who looks like she wanted to curse the life out of him.

It's true tho, she's a picky eater.

Ambrosia laughed at her father and forced a small smile on her face. "You look pretty today, your majesty, how have you been?"

She asked nervously changing the topic. As the day ended with the both of them surviving.