Ch 14: Drama Queen

"Your Majesty! The princess has awoken!"

Ambrosia gasped seeing herself laying on the emperor's bed. "Rosia!" Athy called her who's sitting beside her.

"Ath- wah...WAAHH!!" She cried out yelling. "It hurts!!"

"Princess!" Felix ran towards her checking if she's okay.

"Rosia.." Athy looked at her sister worriedly.

"Your majesty! What do we do!?" Felix who's currently panicking asked the emperor who's calmly standing looking at his second daughter in pain.

He then turned around to the magician with his glare. "What do you think you're doing? I told you to heal her."

"What on earth did you do to make her condition worst?" He coldly asked as his jeweled eyes glowed.

The magician bowed at him knowing that it's the last time he'll see the world. "

"I beg your pardon, your majesty, but the princess's condition has not worsened. It is only because she is conscious now that she is feeling pain." He explained shakily. "There isn't anything we can do when her mana is leaping to and fro inside her body like this.."

"So, I told you to find a solution and yet you don't even have the decency to be ashamed of your incompetence." The magician then kneeled begging for forgiveness.

"I beg your forgiveness, your majesty, but I'am the most knowledgeable among the royal magicians when it comes to mana abnormalities." He stopped for a while and let out a shakey breathe. "It is unlikely that another magician will be of help to the princess at this stage."

"Do you wish to die?" He called the guards as the magician started to panic. "You have an intricate way of asking to be killed, lock him in the dungeon."

"And bring another magician this instant."

"Your majesty! Your majesty please!" The magical cried out begging for him to spare himself.

"If you wish to live, try harder with that small brain of yours." He looked at him with a deadly glare while the magician still continued calling him. "If you continue to say the same useless things, I'll start cutting off your limbs one by one before I chop your head off."

He then turned around facing Ambrosia who is still whimpering in pain. "Papa, it hurts! Waahh!!"

"You're too noisy, go to sleep." He said touching her forehead using his magic to make her fall asleep.

'Bro, Your daughter is literally dying!'

***

'huh?'

Ambrosia opened her eyes seeing a familiar face.

'him! the old man who called me an idiot!!'

"You're finally awake, You must think you're some kind of sleeping beauty." He teased chuckling. Ambrosia stared at him for a second and closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

"Oh? Now you're even pretending to be asleep?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "Should I fetch a prince for you from abroad?"

"Which country would you prefer? Arlanta? Huale? Sycansia?" Irritated Ambrosia opened her eyes sitting on the emperor bed.

'It doesn't hurt anymore?'

"You owe me your life." He smirked.

"Did you fix me, mister old man?" She asked looking at her body that is now completely fine.

"Yeah, your heart would have exploded and killed you if it wasn't for me and don't call me an old man." He explained calmly.

'He's gorgeous, I want his hair.'

"How did you know I was sick?" She asked cluelessly. "Are you here to steal Ryu again?"

"Ryu? Ah, that holy beast of yours." He laughed while Rosia looked at him annoyed. "Why did you name it anyways? It's not like it's gonna stay forever."

"Also, I won't eat him, he seems not delicious anyways." He pointed out looking away. "Ofcourse it's tempting to do so but I gave my word so I won't. actually you should be grateful."

"I stopped your dad from killing Ryu."

"Huh? Why would he want to kill Ryu?" She asked tilting her head looking at his crimson eyes.

"It was so hard to stop myself from eating him." He said with his crimson eyes glowing ignoring her question.

"You-" she got cut off by the door opening revealing Claude and Felix while Athy is on Felix's arms

"Rosia!!"

"Princess!"

Ambrosia stood up from the bed and was about to run towards them but then tripped.

"Gah!" Ambrosia closed her eyes expecting for her body to hit the ground.

But then she felt nothing. She opened her eyes seeing the emperor had saved her by carrying her.

"Are you still feeling sick?" He asked examining her body. Rosia shooked her head and pointed at the long haired man.

"Papa, that man i-" the man cut her off by coughing which made her irritated.

"Ah, it seems I may have used up all of my power to heal the princess." Rosia's right eye twitched looking at the long haired man covering his grinning lips.

"Certainly, You deserve praise for your hard work." The man innocently nodded with tears in the side of his eyes. "But ofcourse that will be after we confirm that the princess is completely recovered."

"I beg your pardon, your majesty, but the princess is still not completely healed." He dramatically said still covering his mouth with his hand.

"What do you mean she's not completely healed?" He asked seriously. I mean who wouldn't be serious in this situation?

"I beg your forgiveness, I'am still a boy in training and I was not able to stabilize the princess's mana completely." He coughed as he continued. "But the worst has passed, so her mana will slowly be returning into its place now.." He coughed once again looking at the princess with teasing eyes.

"This sort of thing may happen a few more times in the future future but I'll make sure that when that happens.." He stopped and looked at the emperor with a serious face this time. "I will sacrifice my body to help the princess."

And with that he continued coughing almost collapsing on Felix's arms. "Your majesty, I think it would be best if we give him some rest first."

"We can hear the details later. It seems the young warlock has exhausted himself." Said by Felix guiding him.

"Very well." The long haired warlock then looked at Rosia and grinned.

't-that..that jerk!'

"Pap-"

"Princess!" Lily opened the door as her voice echoed in the room. "Finally, I get to see you! How have you been?"

"Are you feeling okay, now?"

"What about your stomach? Princess Athanasia has told me that you were in pain last month."

"Last month?" Rosia looked at Lily with a confused face.

"Yes, princess, you have been sleeping for 48 days to be exact."

'What!?'