Chapter 4

Elijah's POV

"Elijah...I didn't know whom to call. The blood...blood is everywhere. She...she is not breathing." It was her. With her words my mind went blank. Only one thought was running in my head that she must be scared and could be in danger.

"Where are you?"

"At home."

"Okay, get out of there and call the ambulance right away. Remember if you see someone suspicious near your place...then hide. Got that? I am on my way. Send me the address." I waited for her to say anything. Fear settled in my heart. "Jane" I shouted her name.

"Yes, yes."

"Listen, get out of there. Do not touch anything. Okay? Call the ambulance and send me your address. I am on my way."

"Okay...." Her voice was wavering from fear.

"I will be there in no time. Wait outside." With that I cut the call. I put my shirt on and took my jacket and car keys. I looked around to see if I had forgotten something and then got out of the house. I received a message. It was her; she had sent her address.

I got in the car and called the one on night duty. Han, he was a big built man. He is the fighting machine of our team, Gabriella is the one with communication skills, she is our negotiator, our best officer for investigation. And at last, comes our technician, Kareem.

"Han, there is a murder that happened in a house. I am sending you the address come there with team." I gave him order and sped up the car to its limit. I reached there just when the ambulance came. They are late again. God knows how she is.

I was thinking of all sorts of things until I reached her floor. She was sitting on the floor outside of her gate. She looked disheveled. Her hands were covered in blood, even her clothes. I ran up to her. I looked for any injury but she was searching for my eyes. It was dark outside so it took time for her to see right into my eyes. It seemed as if she was looking for sanity or safety.

"Doctor, the medical team is here. If you are not feeling well or any other issue, just tell them." I peeked inside from the position I was sitting. "I will go inside to take a look. Okay?" She didn't react to any of my words but just when I said I was going inside, she took my hand in her and violently shook her head in a stern no. "It's my duty, Doctor. You know that. You are safe now. So don't worry and let me go." I insisted.

"You should not see it. It is horrifying." She was shivering while telling me. It would be hard for her to forget that scene.

"You are a doctor. Take it as one of your cases. It will be easy to handle." I saw a paramedic coming. I asked her, "She is the prime witness, take care of her." With that I left her there.

"What did you find out?" I asked Han as I entered the scene.

"A murder out anger, maybe for revenge. The body was hard to identify. It was so gore. I pity that girl outside. She will have nightmares for months, that's for sure."

"What were their relationship?"

"They are roommates. This girl Jenna, was a teacher. We found that out from personal stuff."

"I want all information about her by this morning, Kareem."

"It's already morning boss. After we reach the station, it will take at least two hours." He answered. 

"Okay, I will go to the hospital to talk to the little girl and the Doctor also, if she is in the condition to talk." I said and went out of the house. The ambulance left with Jane and the body.