Volume 1 - The Inception| 11: Sealing the shady deal.

"Hold on right there, Penelope," I said, calling out her name which earned a glare from the damn woman, however, I don't care.

Right now, I'm not going to let this person do whatever the hell she wants. I might be scared of her, but that's it.

It doesn't mean I would offer my precious life to please her. Even if my life might be in a predicament; even if I might get that tragic ending in the end; even so, I still have a bottom line when it comes to these things, and this is crossing the line that I establish.

So with a solemn expression, I moved my mouth despite feeling scared shitless in my heart. "I do agree that I could become your eyes and ears, but I won't agree to become your slave," I said honestly, staring at her directly in the eyes.

Penelope sneered, "who said I'm negotiating with you? This isn't a proposal. It's an order."

Seeing where Penelope stands, I sighed and stood up. "Then this discussion is over," I said and left without turning back.

"Sit down little liar," Penelope warned, but I ignored her as I turned to walk away.

No.

I will not sit down and agree to this ridiculous thing.

I'm not going to become a slave. That's the last thing I want for myself. I would even rather choose to face my tragic ending than be a slave. Freedom is one of the only things I have now after transmigrating in this world.

"Little liar, if you don't come back here, I swear to you..."

I heard Penelope warning me from behind me. But I pretended to have a deaf ear as I continued to leave.

I might have agreed with Alexandra to become a guinea pig, but that was because I also need to know something about this body.

What's more, when I made the decision to accept the deal with Alexandra, I had no idea that she was the mysterious beta lover of Penelope. If I knew that the red haired woman also had a role to play, then I might not have agreed.

Plus, I had no choice but to accept that deal, since I don't know any skills that might get me a passing score in the academy.

It's just that...it turns out that I suddenly have a dark attribute, and I'm suddenly going to be an alpha instead of omega, which made me feel doubtful, so of course; knowing that there's someone who is willing to examine my body for free; I decided to agree with the deal. In other words, that deal with Alexandra is a negotiation made and decided between two parties; that's the difference between Penelope's slave proposal and Alexandra's shady deal.

Anyhow, I can't agree to become a slave. Even for me, becoming a slave is too much, so I won't agree.

Well, I already know what I need to know. I already got the crucial information I need, and I think that's enough nonsense for today.

I feel exhausted. Mentally and physically drained. I need to rest.

'Ugh, my back hurts like hell,' I cursed in my head as I felt my sore back as I walked like a grandma.

With a deep sigh, I continued on my way towards the wooden door. When I opened the door, I found Alexandra standing from the opposite side of the wall. The red haired woman had her head down, looking in a trance with this worried expression on her face.

"Hey," I called to get Alexandra's attention.

The red haired woman instantly looked up and hurriedly came to me. "What happened to your neck?" Alexandra said, furrowing her brows in concern.

'What happened? Your girlfriend happened,' I answered in my heart, but I didn't voice that out. After all, Penelope will probably hunt me down if I showed her true colours to Alexandra.