•Chapter- 12•

Start from the beginning

I sat down beside Shourya but lightly faced him and we all went to get our food. After getting the regular lunch menu which consisted of chana masala, roti, dal rice, and my favorite sheera I picked up my spoon to eat when a foot collided with mine and I looked down discreetly to see it was....... Rohit's.

It looked like he was trying to hit Shourya's leg but he was hitting mine. I tried to stifle my laughter and cupped my mouth. Shourya who took note of that looked at me confused and I thought of how to convey it to him.

Then I signed it to him that 'Your friend is hitting my leg thinking it's yours'

Shourya told me that he also knows sign language and he learned it for fun like me. When I was in Bangalore I learned sign language without telling anybody because it looked really cool and I wanted to learn it. So I am using that now with him.

He smiled when I signed to him and signed back.

'I'll take care of it' he said and kicked Rohit's leg really hard that he looked like he was constipated. A sound came out of my throat as I tried not to laugh and I just coughed covering it up.

"Are you okay babe?" Ritu asked concerned and I nodded.

"Water?" Anju offered and I took the bottle and drank some water eyeing a smirking Shourya.

"So, you do MBA right?" Rohit asked Ritu as a conversation started as we are being awfully silent and she looked at him weirdly. Anjana who was sitting in between Ritu and Zain also coughed not wanting to smile at his question.

Ritu nonetheless smiled at his question and nodded her head.

"That's nice me too!" Rohit said making his friends facepalm but then Ritu laughed opening up a little. I know my cousin and she is kinda at ease now looking at Rohit's stupidity.

Slowly, somehow Rohit got Ritu to speak up and even Zain initiated a conversation with Anju. I just smiled looking at them excitedly and turned to Shourya who was already looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he too mimicked me. I again raised my eyebrows at him smiling and he again followed suit. But this time he raised only one eyebrow and you guys should know one thing about me. I cannot raise one eyebrow at all for some reason. And I am in awe of everyone who does that. He wants to tease me is why he did that. I narrowed my eyes at him and then with one hand holding my one eyebrow I raised my other. It just made me look like a nincompoop but then who cares. He chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows, one at a time, making me more jealous.

To teach him a lesson, I winked at him and that's when he got stunned and cleared his throat looking at his food, heat creeping up his neck. Awww!!! He is blushing!! And I made him blush!

I bit my lip smiling and looked down at my food. Even without words, it's somehow so fun to communicate with him, and it's fun to just be around him.

"So Pari! How are you liking the campus and its people?? Hope you don't mind me calling you Pari?! It's short and cute!" Rohit asked involving me in their conversation and I nodded.

"The college is really good better than the Bangalore campus, same with people and faculty too!" I said and he smiled.

"Though we have so much work and we are lazy to come to college every day, we fucking love it here too!" He said.

Soon we all started talking freely to each other and I got to know a lot about Zain and Rohit from themselves. They are really fun to be with. Rohit is an extrovert, completely social whereas Zain like Shourya is reserved and selective. Zain is more serious like Shourya and Rohit is like a kid in their group. It's so endearing to see their bond with each other as they share a really tight and carefree relationship.

Often me, Ritu and Anju just looked at each other and smiled and we didn't need words to understand that we are having fun here with these three newbies. I even caught Anjana staring at Zain more than she does at any other guy and I got excited!! This lunch did do something!!!

That lunch changed the dynamics between all of us. My friends and I and his friends and him, bonded as we chatted away and new friendships are formed.

Hello lovely people!!!! Hope you all are doing well!!! And hope you all like the chapter!!! Slowly relations are building don't you think!? Lemme know your thoughts!!!

P.S. guys do you watch Stranger things??? If so who completed Season 4????? Thoughts?????

And guys a recommendation!!! I have recently brought this book from a bookstore in Mumbai called "Book Lovers by Emily Henry" and seriously so good! I completed reading it and I am saying it, hands down the best book I have read in a while after "The Hating Game" and you must consider reading it. The genre is enemies to lovers but the narration, and the character development are just soooo good!!!!! So guys do try it and lemme know your thoughts if you do!!!! Enjoy!!!

 The genre is enemies to lovers but the narration, and the character development are just soooo good!!!!! So guys do try it and lemme know your thoughts if you do!!!! Enjoy!!!