Volume 1 - The Inception| 6: Who is the hunter and the prey?

Start from the beginning

However, Kendra soon erased those feelings as she remembered those memories. That Nasrin turned her life to hell, and in this life, Kendra doesn't want to experience that again.

"Lory," Kendra called the attention of the woman beside her.

Lory glanced at Kendra.

"From now on, I'll handle everything from here," Kendra stated calmly yet her deep blue eyes showed determination; that she wouldn't take no as an answer.

Lory stared back at the girl's deep blue eyes. "Why? Afraid that people would once more discover that we're half sisters?" Lory spat with some resentment.

Kendra shook her head lightly and replied, "No, I just..."

[Don't want you to always do the dirty work for me.] Kendra completed the remaining words in her head. Instead of saying that, Kendra said, "you're right, it would trouble my future goals, so..."

"Alright," Lory interrupted with an indifferent voice. "I understand," she said, turning around as she sauntered her legs towards the luxurious carriage.

With a complicated gaze, Kendra looked away and went in the opposite direction where people lined up.

Kendra stared intensely at Nasrin's back as she recalled those memories.

In her original time, Kendra discovered that her father was the secret leader of the Rebel Army, and she only came to discover the truth about it after Nasrin killed her father. This person tried to kill her many times, and every single time that Kendra is on the verge of death from Nasrin's hand; someone who is close to Kendra would always sacrifice their life to protect her.

However, the one who ended up killing Kendra at the end of her life was that bastard princess. That scumbag put Kendra on a blazing fire, burning her alive along with her half-sister, Lory.

Lory. Kendra always felt guilty towards her. Not only to her sister but to everyone who protected her.

At first, Kendra wanted to cooperate with Lory since the two of them both got back from that hell together and returned to the past. Kendra doesn't understand how and why it happened, but she and her sister Lory returned to the past; just a week before Kendra got accepted into the academy.

A week before coming here in the academy, Lory came to Kendra and that's how both of them came to understand that both of them time travelled.

Thereafter, Lory suggested to Kendra to kill the young Nasrin in advance, and Kendra agreed.

But Kendra realised that she was being protected again. Lory shouldn't have died with her in that blazing fire, but Lory has always tried to protect her even though she once pushed her away.

In those memories, Kendra was always being protected, so this time she will not let that happen again.

Kendra's deep blue eyes held endless hatred towards Nasrin and to that bastard princess.

This time...it's Kendra's turn to protect. This time; Kendra is the hunter and Nasrin is...her prey.

Her lips curled in a playful smile as she approached that person's back. Kendra fixed the tone of her voice and said, "Excuse me. Is this the registration lane?"

Slowly, the tall slender girl turned around with a cordial smile on her face. Long straight hair tied in a neat ponytail; her side bangs dancing as the gust of the whistling wind passed by around them; it made the face of the girl appear cheerful and fresh.

Especially how those radiant brown eyes glowed like the amiable light of the sunny summer; it made Kendra feel an indescribable warmness in those pleasant eyes.