Volume 1 - The Inception| 5: Test results.

Start from the beginning

When Alexandra saw me approaching her, her lips raised giving me her usual devil's grin then she opened her mouth and said, "so have you finally decided?"

'Have I decided, you ask?' I thought mischievously in my heart. My lips slightly raised into a mischievous smirk, but it soon disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Deep inside, I know in my heart that I have already decided the moment I step inside this academy. Remember what I said when I entered this campus?

I said that no matter what, I'll enter this academy. Even if it means negotiating with a shady inspector, I'll do it. I will gladly carry that out. This is all for the sake of my hermit life in a faraway forest.

After arriving in front of Alexandra, I plastered a formal smile as I offered my hand in front of the inspector lady. "I look forward to working with you, miss Alexandra Cassidy," I said, shaking her hand.

"Lass, just call me Professor AC," Alexandra said as she shook my hand back.

Right after that, Alexandra's expression became sincere. "Well, congratulations and welcome to Mystic Academy, however..."

Alexandra released my hand as she took a rectangular crystal inside her satchel bag, and then she stared at me with twinkling eyes and said, "I still want to test your physical constitution and combat skill."

"Eh?" I said as I stared at her with a dumbfounded look.

'Did I just get scammed?'

Probably seeing the flabbergasted expression on my face; Alexandra stood up at her 5 feet 7 inch tall height; she raised her head, looking up to me since I'm 2 inches tall than her.

Afterwards, Alexandra grabbed my shoulder as she explained, "don't worry, you're already my guinea...ahem, I mean my personal assistant, but we still can't skip the procedures for formality's sake, agree?"

I stared at the enthusiastic face of Alexandra, thinking that there should be no harm in cooperating. After all, it is for formality's sake.

So I nodded my head nonchalantly as I generously replied, "I see, well then be my guest professor."

"So...do you know any kind of combat skills?" Alexandra inquired with an evil grin.

Seeing the familiar evil grin on Alexandra's face, it brought an ominous feeling in my heart. I smiled awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable again. "Professor AC, to be honest with you, I actually don't know any combat skills, so could we skip this?" I said.

"Skip? No, no, no, I'm afraid not," Alexandra replied, shaking her head in rejection.

After that, I watched the red haired woman saunter to the side of the room, taking two wooden swords. Alexandra turned around and threw the other wooden sword at me, which I clumsily caught with both of my hands, but it still fell on the ground regardless of my lame attempt to catch it.

I let out a silent sigh as I lowered my head, picking the wooden sword on the floor in a lazy manner, but when I looked forward again, Alexandra suddenly vanished from my sight.

Puzzled, I quickly turned to the side and saw no signs of Alexandra. I rotated behind me, and to the side again, but the red haired woman was nowhere to be found.

My brows furrowed, feeling bewildered. 'Where did she go?'

"I'm up here!"

I looked up and saw the silhouette of Alexandra's figure. My eyes widened as I saw her holding her sword attempting to strike at me.

Adrenaline rushes in my veins as I instinctively cover myself with the wooden sword I'm holding. I felt a strong impact as Alexandra's wooden sword clashes with mine.