Ch 26: Unexpected Ride

Start from the beginning

"Did the two of you came here to say something?" He asked focused on his works.

"We just came because we wanted to see you, but you seem to be busy so we'll head back." Athanasia smiled sheepishly.

"I'm not busy."

"I doubt that." Ambrosia mumbled for them not to hear.

"Felix." He called his royal body guard, while Felix opened the door revealing himself smiling.

"Yes?" He asked.

"There are a few documents that need to be done by today, so take care of them in my place." He ordered organizing his desk before standing up from his sit walking towards his daughters.

"Pardon? Your majesty how could I-"

"I've already checked over them so there's not much you need to do." He cut him off then stared at his daughters. "Aren't you gonna make me tea today?"

"Huh?" Ambrosia looked at him confused. "Oh! Yes, I almost forgot."

"Then let's go." He said then looked at Felix. "You'll need this." He threw an item, Thankfully Felix managed to catched it.

"Your majesty how could you be careless in handling a national treasure like the royal seal!?" He exclaimed sighing in relief that he was able to catch it.

Athanasia turned to Felix with her wide eyes realizing she had insulted an important item.

"Haven't I told you before something as valuable as the royal seal should be kept in a safe!" He cried out lecturing the emperor.

After making Felix a bunch of works. Here they are struggling on making lippe tea, Ambrosia had tried many attempts but not a single tea she had make passed their father's taste.

"I give up! I thought it was easy?" She pouted, Athanasia smiled at her and spoke.

"It is easy, It's just hard to make it tasty." She sweat dropped cheering her sister up.

"I'll ask Lily to teach me how to make one and I swear I'll make the most delicious tea here in the empire!" Athanasia laughed at her sister seeing how determined she is.

"Why do you want to make lippe tea so much?" She asked.

"I don't know, I want papa to compliment my skills on making tea." She shrugged which made her sister laugh more.

"But then he'd order you to make tea." Ambrosia looked at her sister nodding.

"Right! But still I want to make tea, I don't know why." She leaned in the wall thinking of a reason.

"To cure your boredom perhaps?" Ambrosia nodded.

"Yes maybe, I don't know, I'm always bored so that might be the reason." She huffed. "I'm bored right now."

"Hey..why don't we.." she walked closer to her sister wishpering something.

"Absolutely not! He'll get deja vu and tease me until I explode!" She shook her head repeatedly huffing.

Turns out her sister had recommend them to ride on the boat

And here they are riding on the boat with their father looking at them like usual, Athanasia smiling and ranting how beautiful the weather is and Ambrosia who's currently pouting.

"Athanasia fell into this lake when you were little, while you called me a jerk, am I right?" He said, Ambrosia sweat dropped smiling looking at her sister with a 'you'll pay for this.' expression.

"I don't remember." Ambrosia murmured smiling sheepishly.

"Oh? Shall I make you remember it? My ma-" Ambrosia shook her head smiling.

"No! I'm good." She nervously laughed sending a glare to her sister who's currently avoiding Ambrosia's glare.

Athanasia then touched the water which Claude noticed. "Don't get too close to the water."

'Getting protective, are we?'

Athanasia looked at him then smiled not until she noticed a certain flower. "Dad, dad." She called, Claude hummed in response waiting for her to respond.

"I want to look at that flower up close." She pointed at the transparent lotus.

"Ah, you were interested in that when you were little too, Do you like those kind of things?" Athanasia nodded smiling with a glimpse on her eyes.

Ambrosia looked at her sister knowing that it was clearly the reason why she drowned when she was little.

Claude stared at her for a moment then spoke. "What a peculiar taste you have." He said which clearly crashed Athanasia's pride.

Ambrosia covered her mouth holding her laugh. "Just a moment." He then looked at the water motioning his hands up and down until the flower showed infront of them.

"I'll keep it under control so you both can admire it as much as you please." Ambrosia looked at it with a disgust face as the flower turned out to be not so pretty, it has a moving tentacles at the bottom of the flower.

It was only pretty outside yet it can be ugly and gross inside.

"Gah!! What is that!?" Ambrosia did not spared any minute and came running to her father clinging into him.

Athanasia then also followed her sister with a disgust face. "Gross!" Athanasia shouted.

"What's the matter? You said you wanted to look at it up close." He asked with a hint of tease.

"No! I didn't know it's a tentacle monster!!" Athanasia shouted covering her face.

"Make it go away!! Gah!!" Ambrosia cried out.

"Ambrosia, Athanasia, that's dange-"

Splash!

They sat on the grass while Athanasia and Ambrosia was being held by their father who's panting.

They were all wet but thankfully Claude had dried their clothes by using his magic.

"I won't do that anymore." He said. "I didn't know you two would be scared."

"It's okay." They uttered.

"Athy..papa is right you have a peculiar taste." Athanasia looked at Ambrosia sending a glare which made her shut.

What a disaster.

But then again it was different compared a few years ago. Claude wasted no time in saving them.

Looks like he's being a decent father now.