Volume 1 - The Inception| 3: Begging shamelessly.

Start from the beginning

After all, an omega has a higher amount of mana compared to other second-genders. Not to mention that an omega has a much higher mental capacity and was said to be more genetically intelligent than the rest.

Despite having a biassed opinion towards omega; because I know that I will differentiate to an omega in the future based on what happened in the novel; but still, deep inside my heart, I wish I could just differentiate into a beta. The least I want to become is to transition into a possessive alpha.

Even though beta is the most ordinary out of the second-genders, they are still the most stable between alpha and omega. Beta might not have any higher mana or stronger body, but in fact, they are more capable of deciding things in a rational mind.

Because when an alpha is under rut or an omega is under estrus period; all they could think about is to mate the opposite second-gender, and a beta person doesn't experience any of this.

As a woman who grew up aromantic and asexual in my original world, I don't want to behave like an animal in need of an alpha's pheromone; nor do I want to become a possessive wolf like an alpha.

Also, if I don't differentiate into an omega or alpha and just become a completely normal ordinary person, then perhaps I might not experience that tragic ending?

However, these thoughts were quickly erased in my head, because I know that I will not be able to control what type of second-gender I differentiate to. These things happen in natural ways, and just like how people can't stop an earthquake from shaking; the same thing could be said with these second-genders.

"Well then lass, ready or not, your individual screening test will now begin," said the inspector lady.

Hearing what the inspector lady said, I quickly focused on the matter at hand, shaking the worried thoughts that were always invading my head.

I gaze at the inspector, nodding my head at her affirmatively.

"Good," the inspectory lady said, taking a ball of crystal inside her satchel bag.

The crystal ball was transparent and clear; something that I often saw or used by scum wanna be seers, who makes money by trying to predict the future or the lovelife of others.

"First of all, lay your hand here on top of the mana crystal," the inspector lady uttered, looking at me impatiently.

The inspector lady's face was saying: 'hurry up, I still have more things to do.'

As someone who wants to pass this exam, I naturally followed and hurriedly laid my hand on top of the crystal ball, but just when I was about to directly touch the crystal; I stopped and stared at it for a while.

I actually have no idea what this crystal ball does, and as someone who just got transmigrated in this body, I'm a bit cautious towards everything in this world. Although I know the events that will happen in the book, it didn't explain every little detail, so I don't know what this crystal ball can do.

So with a curious questioning gaze, I glanced at the inspector lady and said. "Miss, what does this crystal ball do?"

"What? You don't know?" The inspector lady said, a little displeased.

'Will I ask if I know?' I replied complaining in my head, but I didn't say that and instead I gave her a little awkward smile, appearing a little helpless. "Well, I'm a bit ignorant, could you enlighten me, miss?"

Inspector lady stared at me with a bit of annoyance. "Lass, you want to enter this academy and don't even know what a mana crystal is." The red haired woman shook her head, holding her quill pen as she scribbled on the paper.