20. talking to the moon

It's said that life is so unpredictable that you can't predict what is going to happen in next moment. That's what I'm seeing now

A girl who followed me from past few years is on bedridden.

Few moments ago:

When I reached the place where Kunal send me , I lost my senses for a second . anger, hurt, sad all negative emotions rushed towards me

"WHAT HAPPENED" I shout and everyone look towards me .

"Ma...ni.....ka" Kunal was drenched in tears now and try to say something but I stop him from saying and said to put manika in car to take her to hospital.

__________________________________

Kunal pov:

After 1 hour of waiting finally doctor came.

"Is everything is okay ,doctor" I said.

"There's are important things to tell you , sir. But I would like to contact her family first " Doctor said to me . How can I tell her now?

"Doctor, actually she has no family . She is an orphan "

I think it's the best thing to explain now as doctor also understood and nod.

"So, what important" I said making her nod.

"Actually sir, she will be completely fine physically but I doubt if she can be mentally healthy too as there are sexual violence traces and ......" She started hesitating and here my heart was about to burst and tears are flowing nonstop

"Please doctor " I plead her as she continued.

"She is in so critical condition that there could be chances that she can go in coma "

Here my mind stop working . For five years we were together as a team now she just can't left us like this.

After a moment later , I bumped into MD of this hospital - Dhir Joshi .

"Sorr-" I was about to say when he interrupt it.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise for it" Dhir said

"You here, any case " he asked suddenly ofcourse he will ask I'm a police officer and he is a doctor what a police officer will do at this time at hospital.

"Yeah, our team member get hurt that's why" I said and I think he understood and we part our ways .

Dhir pov:

When I asked Kunal and what he answered made me believe why nitya was in so rush . I need to collect some information what happenked to their officer.
L
When I met dr. Disha and she told me everything about her patient. where is nitya? she surely is in shock now.

After a very long & tiring day I
Turn to leave but something gain my attention. Someone was in the terrace of the hospital building sitting in the boundary of the terrace . What the hell the person is doing there !

I rushed there immediately only to find nitya there sitting and drinking . Seriously this girl !

"NITYA, what the hell do you think you are doing huh" she turned to me and started laughing. I try to convince her to get back down but she , the stubborn queen , I had to use my way to make her down.

"Why you put me down , see the sky was pretty from there " she winced.

"What if you fall from there " I said in bit a loud voice.

"SO WHAT, it's not like we are related or something or you care about me " I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Why are you crying , stop crying" I try to console her but she started crying and try to go again at the railing but I try to stop her and at the instant we fall . She was underneath me and I was hovering her.

I don't know what makes me stare her. But I can feel the pain the she is feeling now.

After a moment I lay beside her as she also stop crying.

"Why her, why her not me why her " she started mummering.

"You can share , you now by sharing things people feel save.you can do it too." I said to make her relief.

"But in my case , sharing makes my people died " what! What is she saying.

"What she do that she has to go through all this mess" she gets up and sit in the ground by folding her legs.

"I'm not drunk" nitya said in which my eyes widened.

"I have a high capacity " she said

" And Don't even try to announce this " she said pointing toward her numb eyes .

I chuckled and nodded .

"Okay then I must leave " she said and about to leave when I stop her by take a hold on her hands .

"You can share ,nitya . I know I'm not anyone who should say this but still , you can trust me "

Why Dhir , you know she is so private person then to you ask her . I was waiting for her to say no but her answer make me shock. She said okay.

We kneel down to sit and I start the conversation.

"You would like to know that what happened to you teammate?" I know she is sad but consoling her will not do but sharing the pain will cause her sadness to low down even little bit.

"Whatever she is in condition now , but I can say that she is in condition because of me "

"Because of you?"

"Yes, I told to go on a mission and this happen"

"Isn't all officers pledge to devote his or her country and if country will ask them to give up on their life ,they will. So that point you have nothing to do with it "

She didn't say anything but stare me for like a minute until her phone rings. She talk and turn to me.

"I need to go , it's so late and my mom is worrying . Talking to you in this bright moonlight I never expected to be happen." she said with a little smile on her face.

I return back the smile but that smile turn it into a shock one when she said something which I don't understand a bit .

"Good bye, mr. Husband".

Long chapter for all 😁😆

Enjoy