The Girl and The Gold

Lucia's POV

A man floated down in front of her, upside down as he leaned against his staff. Almost like he was posing for a Taylor Swift Album cover. Confused, Lucia looked carefully at the man. If he wasn't a psycho trying to kill her and if she wasn't a lesbian then maybe they could have dated.

"Lets cut any chit chat shall we? You don't belong here." The weirdo said.

"Well we need some chit chat, I don't know what to call you or anything about you really." Lucia countered.

"Well that hurts my feelings, you don't remember me? I am the Golden Guard." The boy said as he ran a finger through his scruffy blond hair. He smiled at Lucia with a glint in his eyes.

"Your mom called you Golden?" Lucia laughed at the boy, "and who has Guard as a last name?" She continued to laugh as the boy turned red, his pointed little ears flapping.

"God you are annoying." He flipped right-side up and sat on his staff. "It almost makes me not want to help you."

"Aww Goldie wants to help me?" Lucia was overwhelmed by the urge to taunt the poor boy. "What were you going to help me with?"

The Golden Boy turned red, his little face burning up at the snide remarks. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

"This is how you get home." In his hands was a teleportation glyph, similar to what Lucia had been writing so far. "I don't know what kind of spell you messed up this time to age up but I found a way to send you back to Earth."

'He thinks I'm Luz.' Lucia hid her confusion as she studied the paper. "Why attack us?"

"Oh that is not on me. It was your psycho friends who shot first." Goldie answered quickly.

Lucia nodded slowly, she kept her eye on the boy as he studied her.

"Hey human, is the sky really not red in your home world?" He cocked his head to the side as he floated on his staff.

Lucia looked up at him and nodded, "the sky is blue, it only gets red like this during sunset." The boy's eyes grew in awe as he looked at her.

Lucia's fingers floated above the paper, the pattern was oddly familiar. Unsure if she should tap it, she looked at the boy. "What happens to the Isle when I leave?"

The boy's ears twitched in surprise. "A month ago I would have said anarchy. But the new laws you've been placing has enough support from the public to open the doors for a new leader." He answered carefully, thinking about his words. "You really made up for the last 5ish years."

Lucia glanced at the paper, her eyes tracing the pattern. It looked correct, but something was aching at the back of her mind. A small voice echoing inside of her mind.

"What are you waiting for?" His legs touched on the soft clouds as he knelt beside Lucia, his eyes held a hint of worry.

"I don't know." It was a whisper, slipping out of her tongue. Small tear drops fell from her eyes as she looked at the paper.

"This world is filled with magic and wonder, but it's also run by children. Children who fought a war because the adults failed them." Lucia's voice wobbled as she looked up at the Golden Guard.

"Human, it's fine" He stood up and put out his hand. Interlocking her fingers with his, Lucia was brought to her feet. "Look at this," he gestured to the Isles. "You did this, you brought peace to our home. My home and while I will never forgive you for what you did to Uncle." He paused to look at Lucia, "I am glad you became the ruler of the Isles, so much has changed in 5 years. But it is time to rest, lay down your sword and reap the fruits born from your labor." He pointed at the glyph in Lucia's hands.