A Place In Between

Lucia's POV

The spell failed. As Lucia fell through the clouds, she slapped the glyph over and over. Plummeting towards her doom, Lucia desperately watched the ground grow closer. She saw Willow and Amity diving after her, struggling to close the distance. She considered reaching out to them, grabbing their hands to save herself. But before she could make her choice, the glyph began to shine. Lucia's back hit the hard ground but she continued to fall! She slipped through the dirt and fell all the way through the Isles.

She landed on the ground in a hard thump, spine tingling from the fall Lucia struggled to her feet. She stumbled and collapsed, her legs buckling out from underneath her. Kneeling on the ground with her head spinning from the near death experience Lucia struggled to comprehend what was happening.

Then a pair of red and black shoes entered her field of vision. "Lucia?"

It had been years since they had met. The two sisters froze in shocked silence. Then Luz exploded forwards, she hugged Lucia knocking her sister to the ground.

With her back flat against the ground, Lucia felt Luz's hands gripping the shoulders of her dirty jacket. Her knuckles white as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Hey" Lucia managed to stumble out. The words struggled out of her mouth. A lump formed in the batter's throat as she hugged Luz back. "Hey" The words were so hard to spit out. There was so much to say, but as Luz pulled away Lucia felt a wet spot forming on her chest. Peering down she saw a deep red liquid pouring out onto the ground below.

"Lucia?" Luz's words stumbled out, soft and afraid. "Are you okay?" There was so much blood. Too much, but Lucia's eyes were fixated on the open hole in Luz's shoulder.

"Why are you bleeding?" Luz's words stumbled, her eyes darted up and down Lucia's body.

"Why are you?" Lucia countered. She struggled to sit up, her chest heaving from the pain. But after pushing Luz off of her, Lucia managed to be upright.

"I... uh." Luz's eyes darted away, "I was being shot at."

Lucia took a sharp inhale, the air hurting her lungs. She frowned at Luz. "Your crazy friend almost killed me."

"Boscha?"

"Amity"

Luz's eyes grew wide as she processed what Lucia had said. "What, did you steal her favourite pen?" Luz joked as she took off her jacket, the teen ripped at the sleeves and began wrapping her own bullet holes.

"She killed a man."

The makeshift band aid fell from Luz's hand, floating to the ground.

"His name was Golden Guard."

"Ah" Suddenly Luz cared less about Amity's killstreak of one. "Don't worry he'll just like to respawn." She picked the band aid back up and returned to healing herself.

Lucia raised an eyebrow, her face a range of emotions as she looked at Luz.

"Hu-- Golden Guard '' Luz corrected herself, "is like the Deadpool of the Boiling Isles. He never dies. Oh hi Rascal!"

The little red cardinal chirped from Lucia's jacket hood. It flew out and nuzzled Luz. But then Lucia saw a light from behind Luz. It grew brighter and brighter, its strobing lights overtook Lucia's vision. Grabbing Luz, Lucia pulled her sister to the ground and as she struggled to shield her sister from the energy the world faded to white.