Dead Again

When I became aware of my surroundings again I knew I was in the train station in deaths realms. But this time there were many people surrounding me. I snapped my eyes open to have a look. And saw all my loved ones looking down at me even Hermione. I jumped up and hugged her. She returned the embrace just as fiercely as I did. "I said I'd join you didn't I?" I questioned giving a watery smile. She pulled back and while failing to glare at me gave me a playful smack to the head.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER! Your supposed to avenge your sisters death before you join her!" Hermione scolded wagging her finger at me like a child who ate the last biscuit. I couldn't help the beaming smile on my face. But I turned to look at my parents, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, and Fred. They looked mostly amused but also sad.

I gave them a weak smile. Then my eyes landed on the man whom had fought so hard for me betrayed himself for me. Died for me. Hell one time even threw himself in front of a werewolf for me. Snape stood towards the back of the group looking for all the world like a kicked puppy. I almost didn't recognize him. But those clothes of his give him away. I moved through them quickly and hugged Snape hard. "Thank you for trying professor Snape. Thank you for everything I know about and everything I don't. Small secret even in first year I always saw you as a father figure." His arms wrapped around me tightly very suddenly. And I felt him shudder from some emotion.

"Very touching master......" I removed my face from being firmly planted in Snape's chest to look at who had spoke. What I saw was a grey robed skeleton standing near us. Next to him was a 25ish Tom Riddle. Tom was seemingly studying his nails. But I could tell he was really trying to avoid eye contact with anyone. The skeleton was clearly death. "If you're done starring at Tom now master perhaps we should talk."

Giving a last squeeze to Snape I pull away and face them fully. "What's there to talk about I'm dead not going back not unless they can I say gesturing to my loved ones." I see Tom's head snap up he's starring right at me but I ignore it. In favor of watching death. Who seemed to be contemplating what I'd said.

"Not all of them no but you could save most from being here this soon. So do you want to listen to what I have been told to offer you by the mother my master?" At that I was surprised. But I looked back to Snape for his opinion first. Snape looked down at me then gave a nod. I knew Snape had my back so I leaned against him. Once certain Snape was also listening I gave death a nod to go ahead.

"The mother has found out how her chosen has lived and is furious. She has spoken with the father, lady luck, and the fates. If you so chose you may go back and redo things do them differently or the same as last time. You may even go back as far as being seven but I don't recommend going further." He paused to let me absorb that. "If you choose to go back I can guaranty only your life and one other of your choice will remember everything up to your last death. You will also be given two days here to learn anything you need to know. While we get ready to send you and the one of your choice back."

I looked up at Snape silently asking his opinion. He caught the hint and spoke for me. "What is the catch?" Snape's voice was flat. Nervous I looked to my mother who was smiling at me happily. My father was smiling at me as well. But I couldn't go back far enough to save them so why are they smiling.

"The catch is that Harry will have a few new things to look forward to also the real catch is that if he chooses not to go back I will be punished by the mother. If I get punished because of him I will make him be stuck with the resently dead Vernon for all time." Horror filled my face. I tried to move further away from death but Snape held me tightly. Distantly I could hear a woman berating death. And talking about what my uncle had done to me but I was just trying not to breakdown. I promised myself I wouldn't do that.

"If I agree me and one other go back, and remember all this?" I stumbled out voice pitching higher and lower in my panicked state. I receive a nod telling me death is waiting for me to keep going. "They really want me to accept and go back?" He gave another nod. I began to calm down. "Then I'll need four days instead of two. And I'll be needing to speak individually with the mother, the father, and the fates. I may also need to speak with lady luck, but I'm not sure at the moment." I pause staring his down. "Besides that I need to meet a few other people. Hope you got that because I won't go back unless that's met. And if I'm stuck with Vernon so are you my death." I finished smirking at death. And spun pressing my face into Snape robes.

Snape immediately started running his fingers through my hair. "May want to see about those for now I doubt he'll speak further for a while." I could hear the venom lacing his words. And knew he was furious. After a time Snape pulled me away from him. Looked me over then pulled me along to a couch the others were waiting at. He sat me between Siri and my father. Before taking a seat next to Remus and my mum. And then they began to tell me secrets they took to the grave. Some of witch shocked me and Hermione. And all of those secrets were hugely important.