Betrayed and Left for Dead

Just after I defeated Voldemort Ron and Hermione came to me. But they weren't alone. No with them was someone I had believed dead. Thinking I was seeing things I snapped the wand. Feeling it splinter in my grip as parts fell through the rubble. He smiled at me but it looked malicious rather than the kind smile I used to get. "Y-Your not real.... You can't be... I couldn't save you. You died...." I said pain nearly choking me. My voice was a whisper but they had clearly heard me.

          "Ahhh but not all is as it seemed. I'm quite real and very alive." My eyes filled with unshed tears. I turned to Hermione for confirmation. But froze as I realized Hermione was bleeding from her throat. Ron holding the knife smile plastered to his face. "Unfortunate that but she would have stopped this next bit." My eyes snapped back to him as he raised a strange wand. "Avada kedavra" I fell to the ground in shock. Quickly noting I wasn't dead and decided to act like I was.

           "Pathetic, can we be done now I want to go get some free shit dad." I heard Ron say like they hadn't just killed Hermione and tried to do the same to me. But he laughed liked it was just a game. "Sure just toss that over by Harry and let's go." Sure enough I heard the knife skitter across the ground.

               Once I was sure they were gone I sat up looking right at Hermione. She was definitely dead laying there blood had stopped flowing from her neck. I picked up the knife on my way to hold her body. I broke down sobbing as she had clearly been loyal to me. Without hesitation I dragged the knife down my forearm making sure to go deep. "I will join you in death sister." Though she was not my sister by blood she was my sister by choice.

           The world began to fade to blackness.  A soft mother like voice whispered to me as I crumpled onto Hermione's body. "This world will parish for their betrayal." I didn't need to see to know who had said it. It was mother magic. I drifted off to greet death one more time......