chapter 30: James jones

The following days were a mess. I ignored Liam and when ava came to visit i would pretend like I was too busy to care. And worst of all was school. Everyone was so annoying.

     One day I went to school to find everyone in school gathered outside. Turned out there was a new student. And he arrived in a helicopter. But I could careless.

     I just walked past the crowd and straight to class. But later that day in the hallway i bumped straight into a guy while running late for a class and we crashed to the floor. And to my horror it was the new guy. "Sorry" I muttered under my breath and left.

     Later that day when I was sitting at my table all alone (Henry and savannah were having lunch with the popular kids) the new guy came to my table and sat down with me. "I think you got the wrong table. Your type of people are over there" i said pointing at the table where the popular kids were. But at this he laughed and said "I'm not interested in sitting with them. I'm more interested in knowing about you." He smirked

     Was he flirting with me "I'm sorry but I prefer keeping my life to myself. Go chase after some other rich bimbo like the rest of your friends. And don't waste your time with me cause let me  make it clear. I-AM-NOT-INTERESTED." I said. But to my utter annoyance he just winked at me with a smirk and left. Was he for real.

     And to make matters worse I found out he was in the same class as me. I soon found out that his name was James Jones and he had come here from France and would be here to stay. I was so annoyed. I'd have to tolerate him till I was done with school.

     by the end of our first class all the girls including Emma was trying to get him. And I couldn't help feel over the moon when i saw the pissed expression on jacks face. He totally deserved it.

     after a couple more annoying hours of school it was finally time to go to work. the place I enjoyed to be around. but I had just reached my bike when it started raining. I couldn't go to work while being wet. and then out of no where James drove up and said "your not walking home are you? you'll catch a cold" he sounded very concerned "get in I'll drop you of. and I'm not taking no for an answer " 

     as he was refusing to let me walk him I was forced to get in. as soon as I sat down he said "so where you heading?" I told him the companies name and street and he drove up there within minuets. "so what are you going here for Mia?" he asked as he drove up to the building. and when I told him I was here for work he said "why do you want to work here for?" and upon hearing these words I didn't know what came over me but i said "it's non of your business. Because some of us aren't as fortunate as the rest." "Woah chill.... I was just curious..... Well bye." And he drove of

     As soon as I went in i met with the receptionist arguing with someone. It was odd but i ignored it and walked away. Later that day I was finishing up work when my boss came and started shouting at me "how could you make such a big miscalculation. I thought you were smart. We lost several thousand dollars because of you. " what.. which miscalculation..... How.... I looked through my old files to find them in total chaos. Someone had messed with them. And to make matters even worse my boss thought I was also stealing money from the business. And just like that I was fired. That day I walked home in tears. My bycicle was back at school. So I'd be walking there the next day.

     I woke up the next day to find everything in chaos. It was 6pm in the morning. And I was walking to school. I was going to be late. I arrived 2 hours late that day. I missed a lot of lessons and by lunch time I was still sulking in the cafeteria when James sat at my table.

     "So.... Why were you late" he asked and I told him everything. Being late. Losing my job. "How about I pick you up everyday. And I can get you a job at my dad's company no problem." saying that he kissed me on the cheek an left. And for some reason I blushed.

    And just as promised i got an even better job and James picked me up everyday. And over time we became friends.

    Weeks passed after that and me and Liam woke up to a chaotic morning. When we checked to wake up mom we found her bedroom door unlocked and saw that she wasn't there. And seeing as the room was so tidy we knew she wasn't here at all last night. I frantically called Henry and James and told them everything. Henry started looking and James came to pick me up.

     We drove around the city and found mom in a homeless shelter. And she looked drunk. "This women showed up here at the dead of night crying saying how she lost her children. How she was lost. So we took her in." James and I were very embarrassed but we took mom home and after making sure she was tucked in bed I walked out and sprung my arms around James and thanked him.

     Than he looked into into my eyes and I noticed how amazing his bright blue eyes were. And than he kissed me.  I had never felt happier in my whole life. But somehow I felt doubt. And I knew why. It was because of jack. What he did. I still remembered it. But i knew one thing. I shouldn't be letting him ruin my life. Instead I decided that i would slowly dismantle his.......