chapter 7: fire incident

I had taken my scholarship exam 3 weeks ago and today the student that had won the scholarship was being announced.
     I and Emma had come early and got front row seats. While we were chatting that annoying Liam came and sat next to Emma. And all of a sudden  Emma forgot about me and started talking to Liam. Ohh I hated him so bad.
     Minutes later the principal stepped up in front of the mic and started to address us. "Hello everyone. Today we are gathered here to announce the student that won the scholarship to the best possible high school in the country."
     "Now I would kindly ask our vice principal to announce the scholarship winner," the principal said. As soon as vice-principal Marvin stepped in front of the mic he said: " the student who won today's scholarship is to no one surprise mia." As several people clapped Mr Marvin continues "please come and say a few words."
     As I looked around the crowd I spotted my parents In the back row. With newfound confidence, I started my speech " Grazie. Ciao. I am mia. I am very happy today that I got this opportunity to get to this point. The reason I am who I am today is because of my two loving parents and my best friend Emma........."
     as soon as I finished my speech the principal asked my parents to come up and say a few words. "We are so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing daughter......" but before they could finish we heard the fire alarm.
     Soon people started to panic and as we ran around in confusion I saw that the fire was spreading. And it was spreading fast. I ran and ran faster than I ever had. And within a couple of minutes, I was out of the school building.
     After I caught my breath I started looking around for my parents. I looked around for several minutes and then as soon as I was about to give up hope I saw dad. But not the way I was hoping to see him. One of his legs were burned badly. And as he saw me he started crying.
     "Dad. Are you fine? What happened. And where is mom." I asked. "Calm down mia. I'm fine. But as for your mom..." he stopped dead. He couldn't say it. But I knew what he was about to say. "No, dad. It cant be. I'm sure she's here somewhere." I said. But dad just quickly shook his head. And before I could say anything he was carried away by the nurses that came.
     As I went home I felt defeated. I felt like my biggest day had just been ruined. And then I remembered moms last words. She said she was proud of me. I layed on my really old bed crying. Emma was texting me but I didn't want to talk to her. She wouldn't understand.........