chapter 27: first salaray

Weeks passed our lives were still the same. We were still broke and I had no friends. All of my friends seemed to disappear with my money.

     The only person who didn't talk about me behind my back was Henry. But he didn't really defend me either.

     Even teachers would shout at me for the smallest mistakes. Like this one time, I forgot to write the unit in math class and lost half a mark on a small quiz and the teacher went bonkers on me. But little did I know life was going to change for most of us in a good way.

     I woke up one morning and as usual got ready for school. But unlike usual I was going a bit late. I didn't rush the day because I was in a great mood. It was the first day of the new month. And it meant I would be getting my paycheck.

     I decided to get a cab to school since I only had an hour. I normally didn't do this cuz I'd be loosing an excessive amount of money daily.

     I arrived at school and everything went normally. During lunch when I was at an empty table by myself Henry came up to me grinning from ear to ear.

     "You won't believe what happened" he said as soon as he sat down. "Savannah the girl I've been telling you about. Well....i may or may not have just asked her out.......and well.... She said yes."

     I was so happy for him. Although I didn't personally know her I could tell she was nicer than she looked. Why else would Henry be found of her.

     By looks Savannah was almost just like Emma. But unlike Emma she wasn't a bully. She might dress a bit like a slut but normally she would wear normal stuff.

     "That's great.....also wanna go get ice cream with me today. I'm getting my first salary." I said with a smile. "Sure but I need to bring Savannah over. We were planning to have dinner. So how about at 8pm. Also I'm paying"  he said, smiled and left.

     Work was amazing. I finished up earlier than usual and could go home early. I was also called into the office to get my pay check and I couldn't believe when I was given $800 in cash.

     Later that day after finishing my homework I went to dinner with Henry and savannah. And she turned out to be very nice. Turned out she was an exchange student from Australia. Not that she was from there. She was originally from France but her parents had to move. "I have to move all the time but my parents say they think this stay is final...and I hope it's true" she said looking at Henry.

     The night carried on like that and when the bill came Henry and I began to fight about who was paying. But in the chaos savannah seized the opportunity to pay the bill. Overall it was a nice day.

     On my way back I saw a bicycle shop and decided to get a bike. And turned out they were relatively cheep. So I bought 2. I went home that night and couldn't help collapsing on my bed.