chapter 2: 2 years later

It has been 2 years since Emma and I became friends and we were still as close as ever.

     Emme was the best, we tell each other everything and just like the day we met she still saves me from bullies.
It was safe to say that we were the best of friends and no one or thing can put a strain on our friendship, or so I thought because what saw on emmas 10th birthday changed everything.

     I was on my way to the party wearing the floral white dress Emma gave me because she said it looked good with my short black hair and pale green eyes.

     I arrived at the party 2 hours earlier to surprise her. But when I knocked on the door no one opened it. I was about to give up and call Emma when her annoying 7-year-old brother opened the door. But instead of inviting me in all he did was shut the door in my face but not before sticking his tongue at me.

     After knocking for another couple of minutes and getting no answer I accepted defeat and called Emma. After I told her what was going on she immediately rushed downstairs and opened the door.

     "Did you set your brother here so no one could surprise you?" I said only half-joking as she opened the door. "No Mia. Of course not. He is just being himself. You know" she replied. Then I took a deep breath and said "well. Surprise. Happy birthday."

     Emma thanked me and we headed for her room.

     As we walked up to her room Emma told me she was about to take a shower and that I could wait for her in her room if I wanted.

     Almost as soon as Emma entered her bathroom her phone flashed and out of curiosity I checked what it was and to no one surprise, it was Emma receiving a message. Well, not one but about 50 messages. But what did surprise me was that the person I least expected had sent Emma about 15 messages.

     Without a second thought, I unlocked her phone because I knew the password and I soon has access to all of me as conversation. Including her conversations with Liam. Yes, Liam.

Liam: geez Emma. Why are you
still friends with that mia?

Emma: clam down Liam. It's just
Cuz she's improving my grades

Liam: fine ig. But you're losing
your popularity.

Emma: true. I'll get rid of her after
The year ends.

     I was shocked. I had never in my wildest dreams thought Emma would betray me like this. How could she? And why? I quickly put back her at the sound of the shower stop.

______________________________________

The release of the next chapter will be either tomorrow or on Saturday.